Are you Scared?

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok Ran into this thing on my wall dont know why but these things freak me out. So i get a Jar and try and put it into it so i can place it outside. And to my suprise these things can fly
So i grab whatever i can find and try chase it down
But no luck there. So it come flying at me and i make a dash for the door
And when i come back in the stupied thing is back on my wall. So i get the camera and take a pic before i try and run it down again. I finally got it traped. ONly took me an hour to do it hahahaha. Are there things you are scared of too?

My biggest fear is Spider too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No i didnt kill it but i tried lol i did get it into the jar and outside where it belonged haha.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

It's a Praying Mantis! They are supposed to bring good luck if you don't kill them.
What happens if you just maim them?
They're GROSS!!!! They're high on my list of large grasshopper-type creatures that freak me out.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That, my dear is a praying mantis. They are gross.
Those things creep me out. I think they are harmless, but I could be wrong. You are pretty brave to get that out of your house. When I see bugs like that I just freak out!!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's illegal to kill praying mantises in Indiana. They are endangered here. You can't even keep them captive. They have to be released. They are super important to our ecosystem, since they eat tons of bugs you really do not want in your house. I think they are pretty cute. I like their little alien head! I am afraid of ear wigs and ugly spiders.

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis

when my brother and i were little we would tie a string to them and tie them to our bed posts at night(we were between 5 and 8 years old). my great grandmother believed they would scare off bad dreams.
That sound Interesting but dont think i could do it. I am a a scardy cat when it comes to Spiders or Creepy Crawlers.

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrgirl

It's illegal to kill praying mantises in Indiana. They are endangered here. I think they are pretty cute. I like their little alien head! I am afraid of ear wigs and ugly spiders.
Ok what is a ear Wig never heard of them before?

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis

the praying mantis female eats the male after they mate talk about the perfect relationship
Thanks for the tip hahahaha you are too funny

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love praying mantis and walking stick bugs are my next favorite. They really are good for the garden. I bought a praying mantis egg sac at a garden center. I put it on a branch and we had dozens of them two years ago. I still see them occasionally, but they camouflage well. I'm glad you got him in a jar and didn't kill him, good for you!
~Rhonda

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I hate all bugs...I'm sorry, I like furry animals, and even scaly ones, but I hate bugs. Why do they have to be so creepy?!! EW!

In my apartment, the specialty is house centipedes, which I think are so :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: disgusting it gives me the creeps just thinking of all the ones skulking around that I don't even see..

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OMG I hate all bugs...I'm sorry, I like furry animals, and even scaly ones, but I hate bugs. Why do they have to be so creepy?!! EW!

In my apartment, the specialty is house centipedes, which I think are so :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: disgusting it gives me the creeps just thinking of all the ones skulking around that I don't even see..
yes i agree I dont like centipedes either creepy crawlers are not my thing either. I will stick to fluffy and furry

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrgirl

I think they are pretty cute.
I thought I was the only one who thought they were cute.