Harvard referencing - need help!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is what's in my essay:

Mattel states in its responsibilities to each other that they recognise diversity as an asset, and is committed to actively seeking and promoting diversity in the workforce. Mattel also says that they “recognise you as a unique, multi-faceted individual, not simply an employee.â€

These 2 bits of information are from the same page of the same source. Do I need to put the in text referencing after each sentence? And just after that I talk about more, so I keep saying:

Mattel states in its responsibilities to each other that they recognise diversity as an asset, and is committed to actively seeking and promoting diversity in the workforce (blah blah 2006). Mattel also says that they “recognise you as a unique, multi-faceted individual, not simply an employee†(blah blah 2006).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

This is what's in my essay:

Mattel states in its responsibilities to each other that they recognise diversity as an asset, and is committed to actively seeking and promoting diversity in the workforce. Mattel also says that they “recognise you as a unique, multi-faceted individual, not simply an employee.â€

These 2 bits of information are from the same page of the same source. Do I need to put the in text referencing after each sentence? And just after that I talk about more, so I keep saying:

Mattel states in its responsibilities to each other that they recognise diversity as an asset, and is committed to actively seeking and promoting diversity in the workforce (blah blah 2006). Mattel also says that they “recognise you as a unique, multi-faceted individual, not simply an employee†(blah blah 2006).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I believe all you need is the second reference point and that's it. It's been a long time since I've referenced anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know, this is my first essay in my degree, and its driving me nuts!!

Oooh Heather, 7 posts till you reach 2000!!! You go girl! I'm sure you'll make that tonight

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I know, this is my first essay in my degree, and its driving me nuts!!

Oooh Heather, 7 posts till you reach 2000!!! You go girl! I'm sure you'll make that tonight
I know...
I'm kind of excited in a very odd way!

Good luck on your paper!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmmm and what if I have an entire paragraph where I refer to the same source??!! Can I just put one in text reference at the end??

I think this essay's going to suck... and it's worth 45% as well!