Trout just swallowed a piece of plastic

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She loves to eat anything, even if it isn't food. I just saw her actually chew and swallow a piece of plastic from a bag..I'm just waiting for her to TRY and poop it out..

She is such a dum dum sometimes.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Give her some hairball stuff, that should help it all come out in the end.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I constantly have to get my kitties away from plastic, except Francine, she's the only good one!

They seem to find it no matter where ya put it.

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
salem will eat anything plastic! i have he steals pen caps and dont you dare leave a soda glas on the table with a straw in it he will steal it too. he likes to tear peices off of the trash bags and i even had to switch to using paper bags for the groceries cause he would eat the plastic bags.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing out of the ordinary Madden will eat are those little plastic tube like things on the ends of shoestrings. You have to make sure your shoes are put up, or their gone and your shoestrings start to fray. Tennis shoes look pretty funny with pom-poms on the end of the strings!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

The only thing out of the ordinary Madden will eat are those little plastic tube like things on the ends of shoestrings. You have to make sure your shoes are put up, or their gone and your shoestrings start to fray. Tennis shoes look pretty funny with pom-poms on the end of the strings!!

This is eery... Tiger does the SAME THING!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

This is eery... Tiger does the SAME THING!
You've got to be kidding me!!! This is just too wierd!! How much more could we (and our furkids) have in common??

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so lucky Chasey doesn't do stuff like this to make me worry. She just wants snacks and playtime.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
JinJin bothers nothing. Sabina has become enamored of a table runner that has a beaded fringe on it...I keep hearing "tickticktick" as she successfully breaks each fringe, and small beads hit the floor
I'm sure she's snacking on them as well

I hope everything comes out fine for Trout

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope you see the plastic out the other end soon!

Reilly is the worst for eating inedible objects
everyday I do the FOD inspection (foreign object debris)

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout you crazy kitty!!! Severino loves to lick plastic and he bites everything like pens and phone antennas and tape from a package that comes from UPS
The top to the catnip container
---it has a million bite marks in it, and one time he bit the heck out of my friendsflip flops that were near the door!! One thing he has never bit and that is humans he's so good really he is

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mosi does this too. I have to watch really carefully when he's playing with plastic bags (which he loves) as he rips them up and will swallow some of the plastic if I'm not watching. He also swallows foil so I have to be careful not to leave that lying around (first time I discovered that was when he vomited some up).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

One thing he has never bit and that is humans he's so good really he is
Trout's specialty is biting humans..especially mommy.
It's almost as if she's always teething

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most worrisome thing Zissou ate was a big rubber band. Luckily she pooed it before the vet opened again. She's also eaten various things like a contact lens, bits of paper, leaves, once a twisty tie, my hair and fingernails (gross I know) and of course toilet paper and paper towels...

Trout's not the only one! Trout'll be fine, I'm sure. Silly little girl! Quit biting your momma!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Silly little girl! Quit biting your momma!
I tried showing her the screen so she would read what you said...but apparently cats can't read...and she was too preoccupied biting the zipper on my pants.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kaylee knows that if i dont give her treats she will chew on plastic bags just to pee me off! and it does! so i keep on chasing her, and she will keep on doing it untill she is satisfied with her treats!

I swear they are so clever at getting what they want!