Kitten problems

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,
To update, my lil guys are now 11 weeks old, and ready for new homes. I had homes lined up for all, but the one person that was going to take two is elderly, and ended up in a hospital for a extended stay and is unable to take them. Would it be right to put them in the paper for adoption if i ask for a small fee? I really didnt want to, but if she cant take them, that maybe my only option. One went to his new home last week, and i kept the female. I am just afraid of them coming into maturity ( the boys) before i could have them fixed, comsidering i was only planning for the lil girl to be done when she was 16 weeks or so, since the boys were to go to a new home and the new mommy was going to have them fixed.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

Well,
To update, my lil guys are now 11 weeks old, and ready for new homes. I had homes lined up for all, but the one person that was going to take two is elderly, and ended up in a hospital for a extended stay and is unable to take them. Would it be right to put them in the paper for adoption if i ask for a small fee? I really didnt want to, but if she cant take them, that maybe my only option. One went to his new home last week, and i kept the female. I am just afraid of them coming into maturity ( the boys) before i could have them fixed, comsidering i was only planning for the lil girl to be done when she was 16 weeks or so, since the boys were to go to a new home and the new mommy was going to have them fixed.
Liza....just screen people really well. I don't know if you ever downloaded the PDF called "How to find homes for homeless pets" but you can find it on my website and it gives good tips on how to place ads and also has a sample contract.

http://www.natewood.net/Rehome.html

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank-you

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First I have to say,

thank you for thinking ahead about the maturation of the males and for planning to get the little girl spayed!

TNR1 is right about the screening process and sometimes you just can't guarentee but you can provid that extra protection to those kittens by having them spayed and neutered.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its better to ask for a small fee then to advertise for free. Free kittens can meet not so pleasant endings - like snake food or to be used for pitbull training.

Not saying that ALL free kittens end up that way, but its possible. If someone pays a little something, they should be a little more responsible!

You can call it a "donation to spay mom cat" if you want