There's a reason they put lights in the bathroom...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night I was getting ready for bed, it was late and my eyes were tired, so I didn't turn on the bathroom light, instead just left the door open and had the hall light coming in. I put on my moisturizer and decided to use up this little organic one that's been sitting at the back of the drawer for a while. So I glop it on liberally and rub it all over my face and neck. And then go into the bedroom where DH has left the light on. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror...

There were little globs of dark stuff all over my face. I rush back into the bathroom, turn ON the light this time, and see to my horror that the moisturizer has gone MOLDY!!! EWWWWWW! I hate mold! OMG, and I spread it all over my face.

Ughh, it took a lot of scrubbing to feel clean again.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my...........
What a visual!

Originally Posted by pushylady

Last night I was getting ready for bed, it was late and my eyes were tired, so I didn't turn on the bathroom light, instead just left the door open and had the hall light coming in. I put on my moisturizer and decided to use up this little organic one that's been sitting at the back of the drawer for a while. So I glop it on liberally and rub it all over my face and neck. And then go into the bedroom where DH has left the light on. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror...

There were little globs of dark stuff all over my face. I rush back into the bathroom, turn ON the light this time, and see to my horror that the moisturizer has gone MOLDY!!! EWWWWWW! I hate mold! OMG, and I spread it all over my face.

Ughh, it took a lot of scrubbing to feel clean again.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh! poor you!
I won't ever go into a bathroom woth out turning on the lights.... I'm extremely afraid to look in the mirror when its dark or low-lighted, that old Bloody Mary urban legend has me scared to pieces!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Oh! poor you!
I won't ever go into a bathroom woth out turning on the lights.... I'm extremely afraid to look in the mirror when its dark or low-lighted, that old Bloody Mary urban legend has me scared to pieces!
humm....so what's the bloody mary urban legend????

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

humm....so what's the bloody mary urban legend????
It's when you stand in front of the mirror in the dark and say Bloody Mary 3? times, supposedly "Bloody Mary" is supposed to appear in the mirror and murder you or something equally horrifying
I absolutely refuse to look into a mirror in the dark
silly i know, but

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
never heard of that bloody Mary legend!
You know, I usually prefer looking in the mirror when it's dark - it's easier on the eyes!