Radio question of the day: 10/06/06

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is the oldest thing you own? ( could be anything, food, shoes, house, car, clothes, etc.)

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A set of rooster and hen salt and pepper shakers that was my great-grandmother's. At least 70 years old...

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A raccoon stuffed toy I bought for myself when I went off to boarding school at the age of 13, too many years ago. My suitcase from the same period...

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is scanned picture of the oldest thing I own, it's a picture that was taken on my great grandparents wedding day. Late 1880's early 1890's.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have an an old wood cabinet that would have been used to hold a chamber pot years ago. I use it as a TV stand in the bedroom.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few things that were handed down to me from my grandparents: some of my grandmother's jewelry, China, and knick knacks.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

My house ..... it was built in 1917.
How cool is that??? I love old houses!!!!

The oldest thing is a piece of Blarney Castle in Ireland.

I do have some of my Grandmother's Depression glass also.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My family is bad about passing things on such as furniture and pictures so it is nothing like that... But I have a stuffed bear named "Dressy" that my Dad bought me when I was 3 years old. I actually remember him buying the bear for me. He and my grandma were taking me shopping for clothes and the stuffed bears were in a big pile near the front of the store. I grabbed him and carried him around with me while we shopped. Dad couldn't take him away at the end of the trip so I got to take him home with me. I named him Dressy because I got several new dresses that day. To this day, I think Dressy is my most prized posession. He has a button sewed on for an eye, and his fur isn't soft anymore because my mom burned him in the dryer once when she washed him (didn't she know better than to put him in the dryer?).

Oh.. you didn't ask us to tell you the story of how we got our posession did you?

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not currently in my possession, because there's no way it would make it up my apartment stairs, but I have an upright piano that's more than a hundred years old. We're not sure of the exact year it was made, but the company that made it (I can't remember the name ... Marksway?) went out of business more than a hundred years ago. It's in beautiful condition, too, despite me and my younger sister learning to play on it (and climbing up on top of it).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

This is scanned picture of the oldest thing I own, it's a picture that was taken on my great grandparents wedding day. Late 1880's early 1890's.
Oh my, here is my grandparents wedding pic. When I was little I thought everything back then WAS black and white!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hummm i'll venture to say some VERY old antique books we have....i'd say mid to late 1800's.