My mouth

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Is in agony

I have 1 last wisdom tooth which is not fully through yet and from time to time gives me real pain.
Yesterday is started hurting a little, then I woke up at about 3am and my whole face was throbbing. I think I fell back to sleep for about an hour but I am in so much pain.
The inside of my cheek and my gums are so swollen, as is my tongue and my cheek is all puffed out.
I think it is infected.
I'm trying to get a dental appointment but they are not open yet.
I am really scared as he told me last time he would need to remove this tooth should I get anymore grief from it as it is growing in at an angle and will probably never come through fully.
I could just cry, I don't want to go to the dentist on my own

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eeeek!, thankfully my wisdom teeth came through ok, but i remember when one of them came through there was a tiny loose flap of skin which i had to pay extra attention to when brushing, because food was getting trapped which gave me a couple of infections, so that's what it sounds like Lauren

Let us know what happens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am feeling seriously sorry for myself. I've taken 2 painkillers which have helped a lot but I know they're not going to last much longer.
I've got to be at the dentist for 12.15pm and they are going to squeeze me in between 2 appointments.
Don't think I'll go back to work after that. Need to lie on the sofa with an ice pack on my face
Oh and some kitties curled up around me

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad the painkillers are working a bit though - at least that's some relief until you can see the Dentist!

I agree that you should definitely not work this afternoon - you need snuggles to make you feel better!
Plus, the cats won't mind if you're talking a little funny and have a swolen face!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may make a little trip to Tesco for some more boxes, this is true...
I really did a lot of packing last night. The place is starting to look like somebody is moving out...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ew, I feel for you.. Wisdom teeth are the WORST teeth ever!! Why were they even invented if we just have to have them out?

Hopefully all goes well with yours, and I'm sending hug vibes to you

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lauren getting them out isn't that bad. I had 4 boney impactions that had to be cut out (ouch) and the worst was not being able to open my mouth enough to get food in there! They set me up with great painkillers and stuff that made me sleep. Mine caused a lot of headaches (literally) and once they were gone the # of headaches I get has signaficantly dropped!

Good luck!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm home

I have a bad infection. I had to get 3 injections in my gum to numb it and then he used this horrible metal thing to 'flush' it out. Basically poking around between my tooth and my gum

I also have antibiotics to take.
He says taking the tooth out may be a good idea but he couldn't do it today because of the infection.
I'm in so much more pain than I was before I went after all the poking about. Just at home relaxing for this afternoon now. My mouth is a bit wierd after the anaesthetic.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lauren, I had all 4 of mine taken out in 2004........wasn't bad at all. They knocked me out and I slept through the whole thing!

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an infection after a root canal. It is soooo painful. Hot compresses helped me a lot. I took IBprofen too. Hang in there, it will be over soon.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to moan about this but I cannot believe how much pain I am in. My pain killers just wore off and I didn't get any warning, they just stop and I'm like aaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhh. It hurts right down my throat and up to my ear

I am going to make an appointment to have the tooth removed as I cannot go through this again

I am not a good patient

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hop you feel better soon. I had all 4 of mine out when I was 21. I was put under cuz they had to cut one out of my jaw *ouchie!*
Have a great big orange popsicle and feel better *hugs*

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

I am going to make an appointment to have the tooth removed as I cannot go through this again

I am not a good patient
So sorry you are in such pain. Scary as it is to have the tooth extracted, just think about how you won't feel this kind of pain again. Besides we will all be with you throughout.