Is this overreacting or not??

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, my one coworker who is also a good friend has been trying to get pregnant for the last 14 months. She is very emotional about the whole thing.

My other coworker just got prego after like 1 month...

So, now the one that can't get prego wants to switch offices so she isn't near the prego one because it pains her to hear the prego one talking about the pregnancy..which by the way she never does..

I just don't think its fair to thr pregnant girl because she can't even talk about her pregnancy because the not-prego one is all sad and can't be happy for the prego one..

Anyway, I think its very immature and overkill that she is actually moving offices..don't you?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think its overkill - but then I have a coworker who complained to the boss because another coworker and I were talking about shampoo and styling long curly hair and she doesn't have long hair and so felt left out. This was like a 5 min coversation on how I straighten mine because her young daughter has curly hair and wants it straight for her school photos

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Co-workers are such babies sometimes. A girl I work with lost her last job because the lady with seniority complained about her perfume, and management listened. And she's not one of those who marinates in perfume either... go figure!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OVERKILL!
I think she's being dramatic about it. I can see how she wants to get pregnant but everyone else shouldn't have to suffer because of it. Honestly, I would tell her to get over it... But then, I'm a harsh person

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems a bit of a radical decision to me...but if the non-pregnant girl is depressed over her infertility...maybe it is the right decision for her to leave and not be around it. I personally would stay...it sounds like the girl who is pregnant isn't gloating or broadcasting it...there is no need to make such a big deal over it... but maybe the non-pregnant girl has some other issues that are going on...and it is too upsetting for her to be around the pregnant one, even if the pregnant one isn't mentioning it to her? Is that possible? Or then again, maybe the non-pregnant girl needs to show a little more maturity...and at least try to be happy for her friend/coworker. Everyone has struggles and issues..but that doesn't give you right to "hate" someone because something is going well in their life that isn't in yours. It just seems a pinch selfish to me. But I don't know the whole story.Hopefully things will work out for both ladies

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that is going a bit to the extreme.So, basically if your frined were to get pg and another coworker couldn't...............would she think it normal to have the coworker not work with her?
If I were the pg one,I would talk about my pregnancy as much as I wanted to...............while being compasionate to the non-pg one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I think that is going a bit to the extreme.So, basically if your frined were to get pg and another coworker couldn't...............would she think it normal to have the coworker not work with her?
If I were the pg one,I would talk about my pregnancy as much as I wanted to...............while being compasionate to the non-pg one.
The problem is, the pregnant girl is a shy sweet girl, so since she knows it will bother the other girl, she won't even talk about it..and I feel bad for her. This is the happiest time in her life and she can't even talk about it. It is very selfish on the other ones behalf I think...

But then the women that are in the same boat or have been in the same boat AGREE with the non-prego that it would be too hard to sit near a prego...

STUPID I think.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she's a bit of a drama queen. I understand how painful it can be to have problems conceiving, but she really seems to have taken it a bit too far.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The worst part, is that me and the drama queen are friends..and I feel a little bad not knowing where she's coming from and I can't support her in the right way..I feel bad that she can't conceive, but I also feel like she's being ridiculous.

She asked me today what I thought about her switching offices, and I just looked at her and said "why"?..with a blank face..and I seriously didn't get why she would switch offices..and when she told me I just didn't answer her, I couldn't tell her the truth what I thought because she is already full of emotions about the whole thing and if someone disagrees with her about anything, she will hold a grudge forever.

Man, this is hard..I have a freak friend.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well as someone who can't concieve, let me put my two cents in.
14 months is nothing, your friend needs to buck up as the negativity certainly isn't doing her any favors.

I've tried for over 5 years and now, my time is at an end, it would be selfish of me to try at my age, but if it happens, it happens.
I could understand her position if the pregnant co-worker was talking about it specifically to get on your friend's nerves and lord it over her, but honestly, when is that ever the case?

When a woman has achieved a desired pregnancy EVERYONE should be happy for her, and if they aren't, they should simply shut up and keep it to themselves and not add to her stress.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

When a woman has achieved a desired pregnancy EVERYONE should be happy for her, and if they aren't, they should simply shut up and keep it to themselves and not add to her stress.
Well said!

You can't hide being pregnant forever, but I don't understand why everyone in the office knows this one woman can't conceive... isn't that a private thing?

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Well said!

You can't hide being pregnant forever, but I don't understand why everyone in the office knows this one woman can't conceive... isn't that a private thing?

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
Not in our office, there are only 4 of us and we are all very close. Thats why its so weird that this is happening...everyone is bothered by it.