Need Ideas...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had alot of construction going on around here. The house next door has been torn down and rebuilt. Yesterday they came and bulldozed the yard out. I guess they are getting ready to lay sod down. Well when they did it, it dug out 2-3 inches below our fence line. My yard is higher then next door so our fence is no longer in the grounds. Jake can push then fence out and crawl under it. 5 times in the last 2 days we've found him nextdoor or across the street. So today DH and I found the spot he was doing it and put concrete blocks on either side of the fence so he couldn't push it... Well, he found ANOTHER spot and just did it.
Now we're worried he's gonna get out and get hit by a car. He goes out when we go out and normally comes in with us unless he's not done "doing his business". I looked into the invisible fence but Jake is a magician at getting collars off
and we think they are kinda cruel. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Can you keep him indoors for those few days?
That's what we were thinking. He's a mainly indoor dog. Always has been but he has to go outside to use the potty. He's 70lbs now and I don't really want to have to clean up after him now
Plus, we're looking at like 3 weeks or more before they lay down the new sod.
My neighbor told me to put pepper in the dirt and he won't go near it... Yeah, right.. he LOVES hot things

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Can you guys all just take turns walking him on a leash for these few weeks?
We thought about that too but he's HORRIBLE on a leash. I think we have the problem solved. DH went out there with some old tent stakes and drove them into the ground and then we put about 20 concrete blocks on both sides of the fence where he could push it. It's been a success so far