OUCH! No wonder they hurt!

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK this is not really about care and grooming, but I thought this forum might be a good plce to put this picture.

I got Brady's nails trimmed at the vet, and they seemed impressive enough that I took them to work so I could take a photo under the stereoscope. The distance between the blue dotted lines is 1/8 ".

Doesn't it look SHARP?

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know it. You know it even more as you watch the 6 inch welt and bloddy stripe they leave on your arm try to heal!!!

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ouch! I will definately be keeping Sessy's nail in condition!

Sorry for the off topic remark but katiemae1277 Pandora is gorgeous! I love the face markings and those gorgeous blue/green eyes!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe, yep, they can sure do some serious damage with 10 of those!

I cut Chynna and Abby's front claws, but I'm going to start cutting Chynna's back ones too because of where she likes to lay when on me. When I'm sitting in my computer chair she likes to sit high up on my chest near my neck and she turns around and around until she gets comfy, and that often means I'm left with some serious red lines and/or scratches on me from her back claws.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by JulieKit

Ouch! I will definately be keeping Sessy's nail in condition!

Sorry for the off topic remark but katiemae1277 Pandora is gorgeous! I love the face markings and those gorgeous blue/green eyes!
Thanks! she is a very lovely lady
complete sweetheart too!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice pic! I should have taken a photo when I trimmed my friends' cats' nails... They don't regularly trim them. Unfortunately they had just given all 5 cats flea baths BEFORE I came over and trimmed their nails
so I'm sure the bather had plenty of scratches...

It started because one of their kitties came and sat on my lap, and he was kneading me--ouch! So I asked if they had a pair of nail clippers when I saw how long his nails were, and someone gave me some human ones (actually I prefer using human nail clippers, just easier for me to avoid the quick.) So I trimmed his nails, and then I was sitting around waiting for someone so I started doing the other cats' nails too! They were all extremely long. When I was done I had a pile of nail-ends on the table, heh... Most of the cats were surprisingly tolerant of my nail trimming. I only had to ask for some help on holding one of them still.

When I was done I realized I had just trimmed 90 claws!

(5 cats times 18 claws each--4 on each back foot and 5 on each front foot-- equals 90 claws.)

I guess long cat claws are one of my pet peeves...when I see them I just want to trim them! I always keep my cat's nails very well-trimmed because she is constantly sitting on us and kneading...very much a lap-cat. I usually just keep a pair of clippers where I sit the most in the living room and whenever I feel a sharp nail I trim it!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Impressive picture!

Oh do I know the wrath of a sharp claw!
I'm presently sitting in a spattering of claw tips - front claw trimming day today!

I also have a lovely long deep scratch on my tummy from this mornings events - Willow wanted to play, not have a manicure!

Looks like it'll be back claw day tomorrow!