How embarrassing

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm putting on weight at the moment, and want to see a nutritionist to get some help in getting the weight back off, and establishing a more healthy eating plan.

Keep in mind I'm at work at the moment.

I just rang a group and said "Hi, I'd like to come along and do the nutritional counselling", and they said "what's the problem", and I say "I'm putting on weight, and want to get healthy again" and they say "I'm sorry, I can't hear you can you say that again louder" and I have to say nice and loudly into the phone "I'm getting FAT!!!!" so everyone can hear me.

Sigh...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww! No worse then my son. We were in the store trying on clothes and he's put on weight so I told him to get another size. He says "Don't start with me mom! YOU'VE put on weight TOO!"

I wanted to

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll live
The other thing I don't like is that people where I work now think this is who I am and this is what I "normally" look like!

I've put on 8kg and lost all muscle tone that I had from doing triathlons, and feel like a big lump of lard, and everyone says "don't be silly, you look fine", and I feel like yelling "but this isn't me!!!!!!". I'm dreading going home to Australia in 7 weeks and having people go "ooooh hasn't she put on weight". and having to buy all new summer/beach clothes because none of that fits anymore.

Oh well, whatever....

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I'll live
The other thing I don't like is that people where I work now think this is who I am and this is what I "normally" look like!

I've put on 8kg and lost all muscle tone that I had from doing triathlons, and feel like a big lump of lard, and everyone says "don't be silly, you look fine", and I feel like yelling "but this isn't me!!!!!!". I'm dreading going home to Australia in 7 weeks and having people go "ooooh hasn't she put on weight". and having to buy all new summer/beach clothes because none of that fits anymore.

Oh well, whatever....
That doesn't change who you are

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It does... I feel like I'm more lazy in general now. I have less energy, am less outgoing, and spend more time doing things like posting on The Cat Site when I should be working

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh heavens you just reminded me of last evening. Our daughter just got word that she starts a new job in a couple weeks so she wanted to do some clothes shopping. She has put on a few pounds over the summer but she's not fat. Anyway she tried on this one outfit I picked out for her and when she came out of the dressing room to show me, she said, "don't you think it looks aquatic"? I nearly cried from laughing. Shades of Shamu!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I meant on the inside, and were all guilty of being on here to much, see we all here like everyone for who they are not what they look like..My Daughters have all always been over weight, me I weigh 102 lbs at most its never been an issue for me, but it's tough being small also can't find clothes either. My Girls are 43, 42 and 38 and weigh around 180 to 200lbs and they have been on a diet every diet all there life... Yes there's less energy, less out going I think it's because you aren't happy with it...I bet you can get down before going home. I alway's have to have a perfect house before company then I realized there coming to see me not my clean or dirty house... I think that apply's to you also I'm sure everyone will be very glad to see you no matter what...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It does... I feel like I'm more lazy in general now. I have less energy, am less outgoing, and spend more time doing things like posting on The Cat Site when I should be working
Sounds like you are just having a down-in-the-dumps time right now. I assume you already know (from your posting about triathalons) that energy begets energy, thus if you start an exercise regimen you will have more energy and feel better emotionally as well. It's probably hard on you being so far from home and family. Don't beat yourself up, I bet you are really beautiful - inside and out.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not down in the dumps, and I don't feel as though people don't like me or anything like that. It's just annoying after getting myself to a state where I felt fit and healthy that I lost it so fast - partially not my fault because of the heart condition and moving and losing my exercise buddies, partially definitely my fault for not doing something about it sooner!

The problem is that I'm working full time and studying part time now, so I have enough issues fitting all of that in. But I also know it's an excuse and can be done - starting is the hardest bit!

Actually a girl from work mentioned starting going to the gym in the morning... I might see if I can join her and have an exercise buddy, and get a gym program to see what I can do exercise wise.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm putting on weight at the moment, and want to see a nutritionist to get some help in getting the weight back off, and establishing a more healthy eating plan.

Keep in mind I'm at work at the moment.

I just rang a group and said "Hi, I'd like to come along and do the nutritional counselling", and they said "what's the problem", and I say "I'm putting on weight, and want to get healthy again" and they say "I'm sorry, I can't hear you can you say that again louder" and I have to say nice and loudly into the phone "I'm getting FAT!!!!" so everyone can hear me.

Sigh...
Oh no.......

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Aww! No worse then my son. We were in the store trying on clothes and he's put on weight so I told him to get another size. He says "Don't start with me mom! YOU'VE put on weight TOO!"

I wanted to

oh my! That is hysterical!!!!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hon, don't worry about how you look.You are beautiful no matter what you look like.Anyone who judges others by how they look, are a bunch of goody-two-shoes and need to worry about life in general.
Be thankful that your son didn't get you in the store and while you were buying underwear........look at you in front of everyone and say "Mom,how come your underwear have to be so big?You and Daddy wear BIG underwear!" I about died.