Any little girls like me on TCS?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I admit it, every time I go into a department store, I have to look at the Barbies..
............... Anyone else still like Barbies?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Ok, I admit it, every time I go into a department store, I have to look at the Barbies..
............... Anyone else still like Barbies?
I never had one, my Mom thought that they were a terrible image of women and didn't want me to have a complex. I got Jane, she was based on a realistic image of a woman, and when I would play with other girls and their Barbies the clothes wouldn't go past her calf's. When I was a kid this was heartbreaking. Now, it's funnier that you could possibly imagine.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Barbies!
I bought one pretty recently!

I also bought the Paralympic and other wheelchair using Barbies for my Sister the other Christmas!

Between us, we have an impressive collection!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I never had one, my Mom thought that they were a terrible image of women and didn't want me to have a complex. I got Jane, she was based on a realistic image of a woman, and when I would play with other girls and their Barbies the clothes wouldn't go past her calf's. When I was a kid this was heartbreaking. Now, it's funnier that you could possibly imagine.
That is kind of funny!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

I love Barbies!
I bought one pretty recently!

I also bought the Paralympic and other wheelchair using Barbies for my Sister the other Christmas!

Between us, we have an impressive collection!
Do you display them Sarah?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a couple on display at my parents' house, but when they moved, we had to pack a lot of them away, sadly!

I think my sister has her wheelchair using ones on display in her room - I'll have to ask her to take a picture!

Hopefully I'll have them back out again soon! I miss my Barbies!

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a 3 year old, so yes I spend quite a bit of time looking at Barbies. What's worse, I actually get more into playing with them than my daughter.
She is getting a Barbie Dream House for Christmas from my MIL and I am so jealous. I wanted one so bad when I was little.

***Just a note, I read in an article recently that the wheelchair Barbies won't fit into the elevator in the Dream House and there is a huge outcry. Just thought others might find it interesting.

I think Barbie's are far better than those skanky Bratz dolls. I will never allow those in my home.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnnasMom

***Just a note, I read in an article recently that the wheelchair Barbies won't fit into the elevator in the Dream House and there is a huge outcry. Just thought others might find it interesting.
Is the Dream House the really tall one? I always wanted one of those - but had to make 'do' with my friends!

Oh my!
I didn't realise that? I can imagine that the paralymic girl wouldn't as her's is a racing chair, but the others should be able to!

Luckily though, my sister won't be looking to get a Dream House - being that she's a 26y/o Dr!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hated barbie when I was little
....I threw my barbie in the fire place once....
..I wanted to see if it would melt lol.../ I did LOVE lincoln logs....and my doll house- I played with those all of the time!. I just didn't like barbie specifically. I did like Ken though lol....go figure!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

my annoying little sister used to rip the heads off of my Barbie's when I was growing up, and I would go crying to my daddy!
Same thing here but it was my brothers. They would rip the heads off Barbie and give her back to me naked with a different head.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I soo doo!!! I have a 4 year old,, so I get away with it...

We like to look at the barbies, and even those provacative Bratz dolls.. My husband states my little girl is too young for provacative toys like that... I think their kind of cute.. But they do have some scantilly clothes...

We like to also look at the Littlest Pet Shop too.. Oh soo cute.... I have one on my desk at work.. I'm such a kid at heart...

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I played with Barbies til I was almost 13
I tried to get my ex step-daughter into them, but i was not very successful

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do sometimes I was very into barbies when I was a child...

but I love looking at the toys because we are expecting..

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

my annoying little sister used to rip the heads off of my Barbie's when I was growing up, and I would go crying to my daddy!
I feel your pain Heather, my sis used to cut my Barbies hair...hers were all beautiful and mine looked like they escaped from the Mattel insane asylum!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I must admit I love Barbie!

The company has been doing more to create a more positive image for little girls though.

My most recent Barbie purchase was "Pilot" Barbie

They have her in the full pilot uniform and everything!! (even pants not a short skirt)

I love it

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

That is actually hilarious !!(and kinda sad funny IYKWIM!)

What did Jane look like? I had a Cindy doll (my name too) but for some reason, Cindy was twice the size of Barbie but the same proportion so I would pretend the other Barbies had a giant friend that kicked A$$ for them...

But IIRC, if Barbie was a real woman, she would be 7 ft tall with measurements of 38, 22, 40 or something like that....!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what I need to be to weigh the right weight! 7 feet tall!!