UK Showing Non-pedigree advice

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As you guys know from my other thread I am going to breeding Balinese cats. I would also like to show the cats and although Mica my neutered pet is a Bali she would never stand for this. Rocket on the other hand (my neutered moggie) is the sweetest most laid back friendly kitty you can find. Although he is 1 year and five months old I would like to show him in the non-pedigree section. I know you should start them as kittens but I have one big thing to my advantage, The National Cat Shows venue is a five mintues walk from my parent's apartment! So if he totally hates it I can take him there to him calm down. I will go back get one years supply of cat products at a discount price (London has a lack of pet products I order almost everything online).

Do you guys have any tips on getting him ready? Has anyone here shown at the National? How long are they in there for? If he gets upset he is out of there I just think he would be good. He loves everyone and is super friendly.

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i'm curious about this information too! we should have lunch or something! i'm not too far from you. i'm wondering if i can enter Phoebe in even though she has lost some teeth from her previous owner not caring for her properly. she's otherwise just beautiful!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll PM you about meeting up.

From what I've read about it they judge mostly on temperment rather than what they look like. I'm sure its fine as long as her health checks out. Poor Phoebe is it genetic? Rocket had problems with his teeth but it seems he has grown out of it.

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sims2fan

I'll PM you about meeting up.

From what I've read about it they judge mostly on temperment rather than what they look like. I'm sure its fine as long as her health checks out. Poor Phoebe is it genetic? Rocket had problems with his teeth but it seems he has grown out of it.
not sure if it's genetic. i didn't raise her or know her parents. we rescued her from a lady next door that had her locked in a bedroom all the time with another cat and she was fed really cheap food, whiskas wet sometimes and canned fish with oil for humans. she had to have 6 teeth removed and also had earmites and infected tooth and allergies to foods

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ocicat_steph

not sure if it's genetic. i didn't raise her or know her parents. we rescued her from a lady next door that had her locked in a bedroom all the time with another cat and she was fed really cheap food, whiskas wet sometimes and canned fish with oil for humans. she had to have 6 teeth removed and also had earmites and infected tooth and allergies to foods
Sorry. Yes Rocket is a moggy too but the woman I got him from owned his parents both moggies (Although she like to claim his dad was a persian). When I asked her about his gums she said "Thats like his Dad" like she it was no big deal. Apparently lots of people she sold kittens to had this problem too, some had had to have all their teeth taken out. I was pretty annoyed she bred her cats in the first place but knowingly that he had this genetic problem...

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi - I don't show my cats, but to answer your original question - cats usually have to be in the show hall from about 9am til close of show at around 5-5.30pm. You need to be there first thing for vetting in, and then are not allowed to remove your cat from the hall until permission is given at the end of the show, even if the classes your cat is in have been judged. Of course, if your cat was distressed and you wanted to remove him from the hall sooner I guess all that would happen would be disqualification.