one kitten left to give away, so sad

vanderlone

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our queen gave birth to 5 kittens. They are 10 weeks old and all of them left this week except one! She misses her litter and I feel so sad for her. Plus, mom just had a surgury and she is not allowed around the kitten due to her stiches and the need to wear the e-collar! Besides, when we tried to put he with the kitten supervised (just so they could see each other) the kitten hissed at her! I think she didn't recognize her mom or she was scared (our cat looks like the walking wounded since her surgery). Any suggestions on how to keep this little kitten company until we find a home for her? We both working during the day and have to keep her separated from momma cat, so she really is going to be alone a lot. I wish we could integrate them together until we find a home. I feel so sad. I had no idea I could care and love so much for all of these animals.

jkrodger

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You could try taking a towel or stuffed animal and getting Mom's smell on it and putting that in the room with the kitten, it may help a little...also, I heard the ticking of a clock can help b/c it sounds like Mom's heartbeat.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by vanderlone

Our queen gave birth to 5 kittens. They are 10 weeks old and all of them left this week except one! She misses her litter and I feel so sad for her. Plus, mom just had a surgury and she is not allowed around the kitten due to her stiches and the need to wear the e-collar! Besides, when we tried to put he with the kitten supervised (just so they could see each other) the kitten hissed at her! I think she didn't recognize her mom or she was scared (our cat looks like the walking wounded since her surgery). Any suggestions on how to keep this little kitten company until we find a home for her? We both working during the day and have to keep her separated from momma cat, so she really is going to be alone a lot. I wish we could integrate them together until we find a home. I feel so sad. I had no idea I could care and love so much for all of these animals.
Poor thing...probably does miss her siblings. I'm sure the reason she hissed at her mom was due to the stress that mom has been through being at the vet and all the strange smells from the vet office. Just a gentle reminder to always charge an adoption fee...even $20 is better than free. Only in the case where you know someone should you consider waving the fee. Additionally, make sure you get contact information so you can follow up with this little one and make sure she is spayed.

Katie