Vibes for Peter (another ultrasound)

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to request some vibes/prayers for Peter. He's scheduled for another cardiac ultrasound first thing tomorrow and, knowing my sweet, timid boy, it's going to be pretty traumatic for him, even though we've been through this before.

The news we're hoping for is that the meds he's been taking since being diagnosed with HCM (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) in March have halted the progress of the disease. The fact that our vet couldn't detect his heart murmur at Peter's last regular checkup is a very positive sign.

Peter's been doing great with taking his meds and has shown no other symptoms aside from the murmur. He's such a playful, active boy (much to my girls' dismay
), you'd never guess there's anything wrong with him.

Anyway, if you guys can spare some vibes/prayers tomorrow, Peter and his meowmy would be very grateful! Thanks!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of vibes for Peter and you Eileen! Hope the ultrasound shows great news! and the experience isn't too traumatic for your brave
"hunk"

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww Peter...
you did so well during your last ultrasound sweetie pie...
just think about the crush that Sadie on you during your test.

Lots of calming vibes coming your way Eileen.

I'll be watching for your happy update.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, guys!
All of your vibes are really reassuring.

If Peter can survive the Ginger Monster, he can survive anything! Also, if he thinks of beautiful Sadie as he's being tested, he'll come through this just fine.

I'll post an update after the ultrasound. Thanks again!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, sending lots of calming (and good luck!) vibes and prayers your little man's way! {{{{}}}}
I hope the news is ALL GOOD!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sending lots of vibes for a relaxing test with excellent results to sweet Peter.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plenty of vibes for Peter for great test results. Pretty nervewrecking waiting for results on our little heart patients. My Redford goes in for his second year ultrasound checkup on the 20th so I know what it is like. Here's to good news for you.

Tricia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you, thank you, thank for all your vibes and prayers for Peter.

We're back from the internist's office and the news is even better than I'd hoped for! Not only hasn't there been any progression of the HCM, but Peter's heart is functioning normally!
What a relief!

Since he's doing so well, the plan for now is just to continue with his daily meds and go back for another ultrasound in 6-8 months. Peter was such a brave boy this morning, very sweet and well behaved. I was so proud of him.

Thanks to all of you for thinking of Peter and me this morning. You guys are the best!

And, Tricia, sending lots of vibes for Redford's upcoming ultrasound. Please let us know how it goes!