It's official... I'm not getting my pet deposit back

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I was woken up by Scratch purring in my ear. This isn't unusual, but the purr is always followed by a paw to my face from 8-Bit wanting to be fed. I rolled over and caught a glimpse of 8-Bit HANGING on my mini-blinds. He weights 12lbs (5.4kg). Needless to say they crashed to the ground at 6:45am. I've realized I'm not getting my pet deposit back.

I have to run over to Home Depot today and see if I can replace them.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its good that you have come to terms with this!! There is still hope though. It was only the blinds that came crashing down so far!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Bits at it again!!
It would be one thing if he just did one naughty thing from time to time, but this week he is on a roll.

1. He spit his medicine back at me. (I didn't think that cats could spit, I found out the hard way)

2. He presented my bra to my friends to get back at me for taking him to the vet.

3. He stashed a banana behind the TV.

4. He thinks that mini blinds are Mt Everest.

For his next trick I think he'll perform open heart sugary on his Purrpa. I wouldn't put it past him.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess when he wants to be fed he means NOW!!!!
Good luck with the blinds.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

It would be one thing if he just did one naughty thing from time to time, but this week he is on a roll.

1. He spit his medicine back at me. (I didn't think that cats could spit, I found out the hard way)

2. He presented my bra to my friends to get back at me for taking him to the vet.

3. He stashed a banana behind the TV.

4. He thinks that mini blinds are Mt Everest.

For his next trick I think he'll perform open heart sugary on his Purrpa. I wouldn't put it past him.
Okay, so your 8-Bit and my Spike must never meet, because that entire list totally sounds like something Spikie would do (well, except for the bra thing ... that's something Oz would do instead, but with my panties). If the two cats were to meet, it could only lead to total chaos and anarchy.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I purposely chose somewhere that did not ask for a pet deposit for that reason - although the boys are calming down with age
My apartment complex going to blame all the damage done in our apartment on the boys even though it's not their fault. They don't tear up the carpet and they've never gone outside the box. When I get back the typed form that shows what is coming out of my pet deposit and why I just KNOW I'm going to be upset. Yes, the carpet is stained, but that's because I'm a klutz that drinks a lot of coffee. The blinds I can replace, but I know that the apartment manager is going to make up stuff just so he can fix my apartment with out spending his own money.
It's the price I pay for living in a cheep-o place while trying to save for a house.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best thing you can do is try to clean as well as you can before you move out (for carpet stains, have you tried resolve?), and replace anything that is broken. THEN take pictures of everything. If he tries to claim things that aren't true, take him to small claims court. You'll have photographic evidence of the condition of the apartment, and he'll probably be caught lying.

Also, here's a great tip my fiance taught me about carpet stains. Before it's set (i.e., right after you spill the coffee
), take a cup of hot water and a roll of paper towels. Pour a little bit of the hot water on the stain, and BLOT. Repeat until it's all clear. I spilled red creme soda on a light tan carpet, and it came right out.

I moved out of my last apartment August 1 and I still haven't gotten my deposit back.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pet deposits are refundable???? Everywhere I lived Pet deposits were a onetime Non-refundable fee - I guess they assumed that there will be some damage or another.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hell603

Pet deposits are refundable???? Everywhere I lived Pet deposits were a onetime Non-refundable fee - I guess they assumed that there will be some damage or another.
I put down $300.00 USD, and $100.00 USD is nonrefundable. I just know that the extra $200.00 USD I'm never going to see again. Along with my $300.00 security deposit.

Oh and I pay an extra $20.00 a month just to have a cat in our apartment. I can't wait to buy a house, this apartment stuff is a racket worthy of the mafia.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hell603

I've had the same thing in the past as well...a $300 NON REFUNDABLE deposit (but, it's not really a deposit if it's not refundable, so I was always confused about that).

This time we paid $100 for the two boys (they are giving us a break and only charging us for one cat) and $20/month. *sigh* I cannot wait until we have a house.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

True, I shouldn't. Yet, every time I ask myself what can he do next? He shows me.
I think you need to stop asking that question!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is only 5.4 kgs??

Teufel weighs 7.4 kilograms!
and Kaylee weighs 5!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol...you think Bit's bad! Try living with a wolf mix
...we're Definitely not getting the deposit back for our duplex whenever my mom and I move
....My wolf mix Ginger has panic and anxiety attacks during thunderstorms....reallly bad! She howls, yodles, and goes balistic...keep in mind, this is WITH tranqualizers!! She gets a tranqualizers everytime it's supposed to storm (we always have to watch the weather to try and predict it) she's done this since she was a pup and it's only gotten worse over the years. She's 11 now. Since she cannot be allowed out in the entire house when we're not home because of her tirades during storms...we kept her in the large bathroom as a puppy with all of her food/water dishes and toys...well...she proceded to literally eat the drywall off of the walls! .....so we moved her out of the bathroom and into my mom's bedroom (keep in mind, the entire time I was telling her we should crate train her....
)..well...multiply what she did in the bathroom by about 10!!! She completely cleared out half of one wall! It was sooo bad that Colin had to go to home depot and buy dry wall to try and fix it because you could see clean into my room! ...needless to say, after that, my mom got a huge crate for her...and now Ginger is crate trained...that's where she goes when it storms now lol...did i mention, she's ripped off 2 metal bars on the crate also now
.....I don't even wanna know what's next with her lol....I think we should start a "definitely not getting our pet deposit back" club!
....your boys would fit right in with my crazy wolf x! lol! good luck replacing the blinds!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hearing things like this that make me feel glad that I own my flat. The more I hear about your lads antics, the more I feel that Radar must be his long lost brother. I live with the constant 'uh-oh, what's he done now?' question echoing around my mind

This morning I have had: climbing up the curtains, falling into the hand basin, getting his head stuck through the handle of a carrier bag while trying to get to the doughnuts, and chasing small ceramic fruits under the sofa (they were supposed to be in a dish on the windowsill
)

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

It's hearing things like this that make me feel glad that I own my flat. The more I hear about your lads antics, the more I feel that Radar must be his long lost brother. I live with the constant 'uh-oh, what's he done now?' question echoing around my mind

This morning I have had: climbing up the curtains, falling into the hand basin, getting his head stuck through the handle of a carrier bag while trying to get to the doughnuts, and chasing small ceramic fruits under the sofa (they were supposed to be in a dish on the windowsill
)
If you'd like to know more, check out this thread http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...t=funny+things

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I swear this is a true story (I say this b/c before this incident I had no idea it was possible for an animal to do such a thing and survive to tell about it, but I was so so wrong).

When I took my lab to school with me (once I had an apartment) he was a hellion! I don't think he liked not having the big farm to roam on (the one he was exiled to after "The Wall Incident") and he was making me pay! He did the usual eating the feet off my old claw foot kitchen table, demolishing the Cool Whip containers that had contained his food, etc. Anyway, I digress...

One night I hear this light licking/scratching noise. I think nothing of it b/c Bullseye is a big guy and he tends to make a lot of noise while cleaning himself (this is a 3 yr old yellow lab). The next morning I wake up to A HOLE IN MY WALL!!!!
! It was about 2 feet across and 3 feet high and he had eaten all the way down through the drywall to the wiring! Notice I said EAT. :censor::censor::censor:?!?!?!?! After completely loosing all sense of animal love and yelling at him (which was pointless b/c let's face it, the damage had been done) I took him to the vet, where they forced him to vomit up as much drywall as possible and sent me home with a slightly hungry but otherwise happy pooch.

I ended up getting my Dad to help me fix the wall, but needless to say every deposit I had put down on the apartment was out of my hands and Bullseye was in the first car back to the farm.

So far I am really enjoying how little damage Carl has done to anything (keeping fingers crossed)!