Hi!

yakka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi.

I'm big fan of cats.

My girlfriend is allergic to cats, so we don't have any own cats, but we have one painting of a cat, which is like our "pet".

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I guess a painting is better than nothing but there are such things as medicines for allergies that can be explored. Meanwhile, just show us a photo of your painting of a cat! I can STILL show you a picture of the little snuggly doll cat that I had when I was a kid. That had to do me cause my mother insisted on raising and breeding chihuahuas.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Welcome to TCS! We welcome all cat lovers here, whether they have real cats or cat paintings!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Yakka!

Welcome to the site and forum and glad you could make it! Really sorry
you are catless -- don't know whereabouts you live, but there are prescription medicines your gf could take, like Zyrtec, that would enable you to live with cats...you may want to visit the health issues forum here as well, and read more about people living successfully with cats even when they have allergies...
I LOVE cats and have lived with 'em all my life. Currently I share life with 9! rescued, indoor-only, spayed/neutered adult felines, who are my life. The few times in my life when I've been catless have been the saddest and loneliest times of my life, no matter how much was going on in my social life otherwise...now, I couldn't live without cats in my life! I love looking at pix of them, but it's just not the same as stroking one, hearing the purrs, looking into the jewel eyes, admiring the beauty and agility, and well, just loving living with cats!!! So for your sake, I sure hope your gf is able to find a way to live with cats, too...GOOD LUCK!!!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi & welcome to TCS
I think you're "kitty" just may be the first "oil on canvas" member of the site we've ever had

If you have any questions about the site, or need any help finding your way around, please feel free to click on my username and send me a private message. I'll do what I can to answer your questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yakka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Hi & welcome to TCS
I think you're "kitty" just may be the first "oil on canvas" member of the site we've ever had
Well.. that is something.

I can send a photo of the painting, but since I don't have it right now, it takes some time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yakka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

Hey Yakka!

Welcome to the site and forum and glad you could make it! Really sorry
you are catless -- don't know whereabouts you live, but there are prescription medicines your gf could take, like Zyrtec, that would enable you to live with cats...you may want to visit the health issues forum here as well, and read more about people living successfully with cats even when they have allergies...
Hi.

Thanks for the information. I know there exists some treatments for getting rid of 'cat allergic'. I think she is allergic only for certain type of cat 'hair'.

I will check health issues forum for information.

Right now we are travelling quite a lot, which also makes it difficult to get a pet, but we have to consider about starting treatment or using example Zyrtec.

and btw. we live in Finland, I probably forgot to mention it.