Cat Enclosures - Purrfect Fence?

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like very much to keep Dusty confined to our backyard. I have looked at the Purrfect Fence website, and it looks interesting. Has anyone tried it? What's your feedback? Any other easy to assemble cat enclosures available?

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have looked at the purrfect fence and wished I could afford it. I think it looks great and should work very well.

thehouseofgods

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ACK! i thought you would have answered my prayers! i want to introduce the cats to outside durring the day light hours only... what is this about the purrfect fence
do tell me... lol

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Purrfect Fence is a TCS sponsor. I can say it's a very reputable company (I have known and worked with them for years). I will ask them if they can send a representative over to this thread, so that he or she can answer any specific questions about the product that you may have.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would it keep even small rodents out? I am thinking of course what if poisoned rodents got in?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO its NOT escape proof nor prevents another cat on the other side of the fence from climbing over it and into your yard. A very determined or agile cat could get over the top even if its curved inside. Would just take a determined cat a little longer to figure it out!

I kinda like the totally enclosured ones - sorta like a big square/rectangle tent that zips shut. IMO those are escape-proof and prevents any other animal from getting in them.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

I'd like very much to keep Dusty confined to our backyard. I have looked at the Purrfect Fence website, and it looks interesting. Has anyone tried it? What's your feedback? Any other easy to assemble cat enclosures available?
I don't know if this is something you might be interested in: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...?N=2002+113873

It's a temporary outdoor enclosure that you can set up and take down. they have different ones/sizes on their site.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the kind I'm talking about - like a tent. I've seen bigger ones too and ones that have tunnels attached.

What you could also do is to get one of the dog kennels and put a cover on the top and put finer netting around it.

krispie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I actually built a "screened in room" for my kitties. I took out one of the vents in our garage and made a kitty door( which led out to our backyard) and in the back of the yard, using the existing fence, I built a frame and screened it with heavy duty screen.It's about 5' by 6' and 5' high. I made a door so I can go in and out and now my kitty can go outside safely and enjoy the sun and air!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a product which looked really interesting... It involved a rolling cylinder that installs at the top of the fence, and prevents cats from climbing over-- if they get to the top and try to climb on the device, it will rotate so they can't get a grip on it. I can't find any links for it, though!

I also found this product a while ago which is a cat outdoor enclosure you can put up and remove easily:

http://www.homestretchcrate.com/runs.htm

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

Thank you, that looks interesting. I'm going to check it out!
You are welcome. I saw it in their catalog that I just received a few days ago. It might be a start, to see how you like it and your cats too. Good luck.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

I found a product which looked really interesting... It involved a rolling cylinder that installs at the top of the fence, and prevents cats from climbing over-- if they get to the top and try to climb on the device, it will rotate so they can't get a grip on it.
I have heard of that type of system and would advise you to be very wary of it - I don't believe it works and have heard a few horror stories from people who have used it. I would never trust it.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know if it's moveable? We rent our home right now,, and eventually in a year or two will buy and would want to take it with us...

Any ideas??