TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Care & Grooming › Cat Enclosures - Purrfect Fence?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cat Enclosures - Purrfect Fence?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I'd like very much to keep Dusty confined to our backyard. I have looked at the Purrfect Fence website, and it looks interesting. Has anyone tried it? What's your feedback? Any other easy to assemble cat enclosures available?
post #2 of 16
I have looked at the purrfect fence and wished I could afford it. I think it looks great and should work very well.
post #3 of 16
ACK! i thought you would have answered my prayers! i want to introduce the cats to outside durring the day light hours only... what is this about the purrfect fence do tell me... lol
post #4 of 16
This is the link for the Purrfect fence for cats
http://www.purrfectfence.com/
post #5 of 16
Purrfect Fence is a TCS sponsor. I can say it's a very reputable company (I have known and worked with them for years). I will ask them if they can send a representative over to this thread, so that he or she can answer any specific questions about the product that you may have.
post #6 of 16
Wow, those are really cool
post #7 of 16
Would it keep even small rodents out? I am thinking of course what if poisoned rodents got in?
post #8 of 16
IMO its NOT escape proof nor prevents another cat on the other side of the fence from climbing over it and into your yard. A very determined or agile cat could get over the top even if its curved inside. Would just take a determined cat a little longer to figure it out!

I kinda like the totally enclosured ones - sorta like a big square/rectangle tent that zips shut. IMO those are escape-proof and prevents any other animal from getting in them.
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom View Post
I'd like very much to keep Dusty confined to our backyard. I have looked at the Purrfect Fence website, and it looks interesting. Has anyone tried it? What's your feedback? Any other easy to assemble cat enclosures available?
I don't know if this is something you might be interested in: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...?N=2002+113873

It's a temporary outdoor enclosure that you can set up and take down. they have different ones/sizes on their site.
post #10 of 16
That's the kind I'm talking about - like a tent. I've seen bigger ones too and ones that have tunnels attached.

What you could also do is to get one of the dog kennels and put a cover on the top and put finer netting around it.
post #11 of 16
I actually built a "screened in room" for my kitties. I took out one of the vents in our garage and made a kitty door( which led out to our backyard) and in the back of the yard, using the existing fence, I built a frame and screened it with heavy duty screen.It's about 5' by 6' and 5' high. I made a door so I can go in and out and now my kitty can go outside safely and enjoy the sun and air!
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Mommy View Post
I don't know if this is something you might be interested in: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...?N=2002+113873

It's a temporary outdoor enclosure that you can set up and take down. they have different ones/sizes on their site.
Thank you, that looks interesting. I'm going to check it out!
post #13 of 16
I found a product which looked really interesting... It involved a rolling cylinder that installs at the top of the fence, and prevents cats from climbing over-- if they get to the top and try to climb on the device, it will rotate so they can't get a grip on it. I can't find any links for it, though!

I also found this product a while ago which is a cat outdoor enclosure you can put up and remove easily:

http://www.homestretchcrate.com/runs.htm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom View Post
Thank you, that looks interesting. I'm going to check it out!
You are welcome. I saw it in their catalog that I just received a few days ago. It might be a start, to see how you like it and your cats too. Good luck.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekochan View Post
I found a product which looked really interesting... It involved a rolling cylinder that installs at the top of the fence, and prevents cats from climbing over-- if they get to the top and try to climb on the device, it will rotate so they can't get a grip on it.
I have heard of that type of system and would advise you to be very wary of it - I don't believe it works and have heard a few horror stories from people who have used it. I would never trust it.
post #16 of 16
Does anyone know if it's moveable? We rent our home right now,, and eventually in a year or two will buy and would want to take it with us...

Any ideas??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Care & Grooming
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Care & Grooming › Cat Enclosures - Purrfect Fence?