Helicopters??

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Ever since I came home from school (at 5:30), there have been helicopters flying over the city non-stop. They're black (or dark-colored) and from the sound of it not flying very high.

What could they be doing?
Well, it is near the nations capital..maybe there's going to be a war!!!
You a little paranoid tonight??

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I'd be freaking out as well...
Last time there were helicopters around here, there was a football game going on not too far away that they were taping.
Also, it could be a raid of like a drug house or something. That happens too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Well, it is near the nations capital..maybe there's going to be a war!!!
You a little paranoid tonight??
well, it's a two hour drive to Ottawa from here. But maybe war finally broke out between Quebec and the rest of Canada

Originally Posted by lilleah

I know I'd be freaking out as well...
Last time there were helicopters around here, there was a football game going on not too far away that they were taping.
Also, it could be a raid of like a drug house or something. That happens too.
They've been at it for more than 3 hours now... could a drug raid take so long?

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man! Last time I heard a helicopter flying low in my neighborhood, I sat up in bed to look out the window and was blinded by the search light. Then 4 police cars swarmed up into my yard! I found out they were chasing some guy who was breaking into people's garages. Scared the heck out of me though! I would just stay tuned into your news station for any news reports and stay inside. Make sure the doors are locked just to be safe. I am sure it's nothing, but better to be safe

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dark helicopters freak me out! A year ago during one of my brother's football games, about 8-9 black unmarked helicopters were flying over the south side of town. I still don't know what they were doing, but it sure was scary!

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would guess they are on some sort of manhunt and they are PD helicopters. Whenever I see helicopters (what am I talking about "helicopter"--around here thats allwe've got) I usually just lock my doors and wait for the 10:00 news.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
K..so maybe there is someone holding hostages nearby.
Or maybe a drug raid went WRONG and the guy wont come out.
Or I GOT IT:
There's a new "helicopter testing facility" nearby, that no one knew about.
Yes..I believe that's what it is..
In any case, lock the doors, and turn on the news, and wait for a sign of news for it.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here in Southern AZ, black helicopters belong to the US Customs Service. They patrol the border, looking for drug/illegal alien smugglers.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, how nerve-wracking.

I get that alot here too. At least once a day the police helicopters do a drive-over, occasionally they stay and circle a while longer and then you'll see the cops go flying by and the helicopter will leave.

It usually just means some idiot decided to run from the cops.

Although I would be scared too with the military bases nearby... I grew up near Wright-Patt and I remember finding out the first Gulf War had started by seeing all the major military sky traffic.

Feel better, and sleep tight.

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is only one thing you really can do in such a situation:

Moon them.

It's your duty.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are search helicopters not common to be flying where you all are?

We have them basically everyday and I really don't think anything of it - they're obviously looking for someone!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly can't think of a time I've ever even seen a helicopter in my town, although we had them all the time when I lived in a different town with my parents (that town had one of the only hospitals around for miles, so sick and injured people were often flown in by helicopter because it was faster than taking an ambulance).

Any news yet as to what it was? I've been watching the provincial news, but haven't heard anything.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't get many helicopters around here. I'd be excited if I saw a whole bunch flying around like that - obviously something's up.
Out on my in-laws farm they'd often fly over looking for crops of the illegal kind.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw one of those on friday on the way home from Praktica "a home depot store" and it looked like it was holding two bombs on each side!
That was freaky!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two black helicopters just flew over my house.
I better go get my tinfoil hat.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Around here it is either a med-flight, a traffic copter or a bank robbery. Oh, and the occasional DEA flight patrolling for bright green leaves hidden in the woods.

You'll have to let us know what it is when you find out - now we're all curious like kitties!!!