Was this a bit much?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I decided to let the fix-it man in our apartment complex in to fix our leaky sink. I left him this note:

This apartment is the humble home of two cats, one gray and one black. The gray cat is going to dash out into the hallway; to get him back inside, stomp your feet.

The gray kitty is also going to try to "help" you fix the sink. If he tries to do this please usher him into the bedroom and shut the door tightly. If you don't shut it tightly he will use his paws to open the door and you'll have to do it again.

The black kitty will drop toys around your work area in hopes that you will play. If you find this annoying please usher him into the bedroom along with the gray cat.

When you are done please let them out.

Thank you.

The note was missing when I came home, and I didn't find it in my garbage can. I think he took it with him to show his friends for a laugh. Was the note a bit much?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can just imagine a note like that being really stupid to a non-catlover...I thought it was cute however..Although, I personally may be embarrased to leave a note like that for a stranger to read...Now he will for sure think your a crazy cat lady

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I can just imagine a note like that being really stupid to a non-catlover...I thought it was cute however..Although, I personally may be embarrased to leave a note like that for a stranger to read...Now he will for sure think your a crazy cat lady
Oh, and I have the action figure to prove it!

http://www.gagworks.com/index.asp?Pa...OD&ProdID=1644

My Mom bought it for me this weekend!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it just depends if its an animal lover or not - my BF has lots of these notes from when he is doing retrofit insulation (especially attic work and the notes pleading them not to let the kitties get up into the attic because they will never get them down again)

I will have to take pics of them next time he has one - he often brings me them home to read

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great Heather!
I'm sure he took it with him to show someone. Heck, I have the urge to send it over to my cousin who would get a kick out of it.

We had a plumber here yesterday to fix our sink. I went into work late and every now and then I would hear him in the bathroom playing with Anya and referring to her as his "little helper".
At least he was a cat person because she was right in the middle of everything he was trying to accomplish.

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is too funny, but cute definitely. We have a carpet guy coming to our house tomorrow because the carpet in our brand new house is lifting up at virtually all the edges without baseboards or thresholds. I told my husband that we are locking the cats in the garage and eliminating all evidence of them before they get here. *We* know that the cats are not responsible for this (they don't mess with the carpet), but are afraid the builder (who will have to foot the bill) might not see it the same way. In this case, out of sight, out of mind is best I think.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think Bit ate the note before the guy could read it.

He probably thought "Meowmy thinks she can warn the fix it man huh? Mwahhh hahaha"

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We still have a note tacked to the basement door from when the furnace was installed - back in the 1980s! ("Keep basement door shut because of cats - blah blah blah...")

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

That note is a RIOT...My question is were the boys out of the bedroom when you got home???
According to DH they were out of the bedroom when he got home. So it's safe to say they made out just fine.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats hillarious, it sounds like something I would write! Who cares if they got a good laugh out of it, as long as they followed your instructions!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

According to DH they were out of the bedroom when he got home. So it's safe to say they made out just fine.
Yeah...but was the plumbing repaired? Maybe he read the note and didn't even go in??

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i like it, I have never had any of those types of notes left for me.
If i did i would have kept it also.

PS howver you may have found me still in the apartment playing with them when people got home

thehouseofgods

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HAH thats addorable! shows how well you know your cats
:p i thought it was verry sweet.. and it was any kind of person i would find it helpfull... i mean.. what if all thouse things happened... im sure he would be very thankfull for the note ahahah... as far as the note being missing.. a lot of people including myself have a habit of just shoving things in thier pockets at random :p i swear half the time i have ADD

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i like it, I have never had any of those types of notes left for me.
If i did i would have kept it also.

PS howver you may have found me still in the apartment playing with them when people got home
My BF is like that I will call him to see how long he will be and he will be like 'yeah I am done I am just keeping her puppy company until she gets back from picking up the kids, the note says that he gets lonely and will bug me but he helped me'