Have you ever heard of this lunchmeat?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I call it chip chop ham........have you guys ever heard of it? THe girl I work with hasn't.
I didn't think I made it up! Mom used to buy it and cook it with some barbeque sauce...........yum...............

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I've heard of chopped ham, is that the same?
Hummmmmmmmm, I don't know!!
Debi here thought I was referring to ham salad...........I told her no, that is something else yummy but totally different.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by okeefecl

Isn't chip chop ham an Ohio thing? I've heard the ads on the radio, but never actually seen it...
I have a feeling it is Christy, although I didn't realize that. There is a commercial on the radio about chip chop ham from Isalys.........(sp) It's a brand name.........

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made up that word here because, there is this lunch meat with chopped up ham, chopped up veggies and covered in this sort of Jelly stuff.

And there is another form of ham, that had chopped up darker ham inside the normal ham lunchmeat.. I wont eat it, it looks too gross.. BOTH OF THEM DO!

maybe Tricia is able to tell you what im talking about!

While on the subject about ham, they have this "wurst" here Its big fat and round with a pink ham colour, but its got beer in it!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chip-Chop Ham seems like it's similar to scrapple, which is sort of like Spam, only chunkier, and is popular in New Jersey and Penn: my parents grew up eating Scrapple in southern NJ, don't know if people still do, though.

I actually happen to like SPAM, so I'd probably like Chip-Chop ham: do you just fry it up in a pan and eat it on a sandwich?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

Chip-Chop Ham seems like it's similar to scrapple, which is sort of like Spam, only chunkier, and is popular in New Jersey and Penn: my parents grew up eating Scrapple in southern NJ, don't know if people still do, though.

I actually happen to like SPAM, so I'd probably like Chip-Chop ham: do you just fry it up in a pan and eat it on a sandwich?
My father made us eat Scrapple when we were kids. Just the name of it makes me sick to my stomach. I've seen Chip Chop Ham as well, but never tried it. My theory is if you had to tell me what you did to it, I don't want it.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chip chop ham is usually the cheaper of the hams in the deli because it is already thinner and easy to chop even thinner. But chip-chop just refers to how it is cut. Believe me I worked at a deli for awhile. You can get anything chip-chop which really annoys the workers because it takes a longer time to chop it that thin especailly if you want like a pound of something chip chopped.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While on the subject about ham, they have this "wurst" here Its big fat and round with a pink ham colour, but its got beer in it!\\

There are alot of meat markets in Wisconsin that sell bratwurst that has beer in it. The big mfg-Johnsonville always sells them.. Personally the best way to have bratwurst is boil in beer and onions then grill!!!