Urns for cat ashes

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had never heard of such a thing but was looking in a large antique store this weekend for a porcelean or ceramic figurine of a Himalayan cat for my mantal. I found one but was informed by the shop owner that this was a special cat figurine that people would put their beloved pet's ashes in when they died. I did not buy it but thought I would let people know that were interested that such things existed since I had no idea that they did. All breeds are available as I found out on the internet. Since I have been around a while and have had several cats that have died, I was just wondering what it would be like to have had one of these for each of my cats. This may sound quite morbid to some but there appears to be a good market in these and although I realize this may cause mixed emotions, was just wondering what others thought about these.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's a good idea.

A very dear friend of mine passed away in July. She was cremated, and when we buried her remains, we included the ashes of her first and dearest cat, Ike. She had him cremated after he passed, and we are very happy to have been able to bury her along with the furbaby she so dearly loved.

I personally think it's a little less morbid to have Fluffy's ashes on the mantle than grandma's, but that's just me.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I personally think it's a little less morbid to have Fluffy's ashes on the mantle than grandma's, but that's just me.
I agree. If I were to be cremated (which I'm undecided on), I would probably want the ashes of my passed pets to be with me.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
I had two of my babies Eric
-Jack Russel and Bronny
-Yorkshire Terrier cremated and
I have their ashes In their little caskets at the side of my bed,When I go to meet them
their caskets will be buried with me