Tiggy disappeared last night!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As some of you know, Jerry is redoing our bathroom. Well, he was doing a shift at the firestation last night, so I went in there to clean up some of his mess so he could start out at least in a clean room this morning.....

I didnt' shut the door behind me because I didnt' think there was much the kits could get into that would hurt them....

I'm sweeping away, and I hear Tigger mewing...
..didn't notice much at first because he's always talking to me. Well, I looked around and didn't see him.....so I stuck my head out the door to see him out in the hall.......no Tiggy.
The other three are sitting there looking all sweet, but no blonde bum.

SO, I go back into the potty and call him. I hear his cries coming from UNDER the tub.........between the tub and the wall actually..........here he had managed to climb in through a hole that Jerry was accessing the plumbing too and climbed into the back area of the tub........

My first instict is to panic....
.....there is absolutely no way for me to get to him unless I rip out the drywall Jerry just put up! Then I forced myself to calm down and remember, "he found his way in, he'll find his way out" So, I just kept cleaning, calling his name and talking to him like he was in the room with me.........after about 10 minutes, I see his dirty little nose come out back through the hole! Well, he was about to turn around and go back in, but I made a grab for him and caught him before he did!

BOYS!!! Sure know how to give me gray hairs..........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

How scary! I'm just glad that Tiggy is okay!
Thanks........I held that little blonde bum close to me all night last night........
Bailey came over and wiggled in between Tiggy and me though............
That was fine with me...........

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Glad Tiggy is okay. They sure do know how to scare us, don't they?
They sure do........

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meh...furkids...gotta love 'em even when they scare the pants right off you!

I'm so glad that it wasn't worse!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They DO have a knack of making us worry sometimes don't they?
I'm glad Tiggy is safe! Hopefully you have the wall fixed so he can't go back into hiding.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

They DO have a knack of making us worry sometimes don't they?
I'm glad Tiggy is safe! Hopefully you have the wall fixed so he can't go back into hiding.
Yes, Jerry is finishing the plumbing hopefully today so that cant' happen again.
Before I left for work, I put TTP&B upstairs and shut the door to the top half of the house.......I just feel better with him going in and out with drywall all day..........they have windows and two beds up there to sleep their day away till I get home!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tiggy....you naughty little man! I swear those blonde boys are a bad influence...I've got one (outside) that always gets everyone else riled up & in trouble!

Enjoy your day upstairs & safe kitties!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

Hopefully you'll get you potty done faster now that Jerry knows the kitties can find crawl spaces if left undone and unattended!
I called him while I was out for my lunchtime walk, and he was putting the last peice of drywall up as we spoke!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww poor Tiggy .... and looking at his face in your siggy, he looks so innocent

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Awww poor Tiggy .... and looking at his face in your siggy, he looks so innocent
Thanks Pam........looks can be decieving!

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something similar happened to Prego once. We are also redoing our bathroom. I came home from work one day, and Prego wasn't there. He always meets me at the door to remind me that it's dinner time. I called him and called him and he did not appear. I started to think he got cat-napped because there's no way for him to get out. Then I heard a faint meowing. Prego had crawled down through the shower drain and into the crawl space. He barely fit, so he couldn't jump back up. Poor guy!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PurrPaws

Something similar happened to Prego once. We are also redoing our bathroom. I came home from work one day, and Prego wasn't there. He always meets me at the door to remind me that it's dinner time. I called him and called him and he did not appear. I started to think he got cat-napped because there's no way for him to get out. Then I heard a faint meowing. Prego had crawled down through the shower drain and into the crawl space. He barely fit, so he couldn't jump back up. Poor guy!
Oh my goodness, how did you get him out???

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, Tiggy, there are no dirty undies behind the drywall.

Are ya sure the other 3 didn't conspire to put him back there?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't put it past them Auntie Jan.......but when I looked out in the hall, all 3 were sitting there, as innocent as could be........

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh my goodness, how did you get him out???
One of the bedrooms has access to the crawl space, a square piece of the floor that can be removed. He knew it was dinner time so he jumped straight out. Cats are so silly sometimes, aren't they?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Tiggy!! I love tiggy's face, he's such a sweet boy - I'm so glad he's ok!