What should I do my Psych II project on?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hummm....So I have a HUGE Psych II project comming up in a few weeks and I want to plan ahead a bit. I've narrowed down my possible topics to two out of four. So what should I choose? Both are pretty interesting. One part will be written and then there is a 10 minute oral presentation. These are the two topics i've narrowed it down to. If i choose the first one, my project will be due Dec.1 if I choose the second one, my project will be due November 17.

1.) Sexuality and Sexual Dysfunction

2.) Addictions & Substance Abuse (both legal and illegal drug use)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woops! I forgot to make a poll. Mods, would one of you mind making one if you get a chance?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woohoo do the sex one!
It's got a later due date which is always good

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.!!!! its much more interesting to me
and Jan.. and goosehazel.. and the rest of the gutter group :p

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, I think a paper on Battered Women's Syndrome would be interesting. It is a form of PTSD and affects many men (and women) who have lived in heavily abusive relationships. Many abuse survivors are using this as a defense in court if they've killed their abusive partners- and succeeding!
It's sort of a controversial idea with the DSMV-IV set, so you'd find some juicy info on it.
But out of the 2 you've chosen, I'd say #1.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll join the gutter too on this one. Number one just seems way more interesting to me!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a psych major in college and I did a paper once on sexual dysfunction that was REALLY fun and educational. My vote is for that one. PLUS the due date gives you more time to procrastinate.

romeoslover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like the first topic too. Be sure to discuss women in ti too, as the problem does not apply just to men as some people assume. I wrote my Senior thesis on gender identity.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woo Hoo- I think everyone is unanimaous for the most part on one! So one it is! Thanks guys! I will be writting it soon so that I have time to make the quality of my work really nice.( I never wait to the last minute on projects like that). Lol...did i mention that on Oprah right now they're talking about sexual issues. How funny is that! lol...I think the 1st topic is perfect. The good thing too is i'm a really good public speaker (1/2 of the grade is on the oral report) so my presentation should be interesting! I will be including multiple aspects in my project....everything from gender identy and the issues that affect men and women to sexual saddism...It should be a fun project to work on! I'm excited. Thanks everyone!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Personally, I think a paper on Battered Women's Syndrome would be interesting. It is a form of PTSD and affects many men (and women) who have lived in heavily abusive relationships. Many abuse survivors are using this as a defense in court if they've killed their abusive partners- and succeeding!
It's sort of a controversial idea with the DSMV-IV set, so you'd find some juicy info on it.
But out of the 2 you've chosen, I'd say #1.
That is a very good idea! Thanks for the suggestion- I will definitely include something of that nature in my paper...I feel that many times domestic/sexual abuse gets put on the back burner and isn't addressed as much as it should be. So as a woman, I feel it is especially important to help educate others on those topics- so it will definitely be nice to address a mixed audience on a topic such as that....especially in my psych II class. Thanks for the suggestion! I will let you know how it goes!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

That is exactly right
Good point Fran
Susan too! lol....I just ran across her latest "finger" thread..between that one and the nut threads, i'm thinking she would choose the 1st option too lol

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I did mine I did basics like erectile disfunction, sadism, masochism, etc... But there was one I came across that I found interesting (and made me look at crowds a little differently.) Frotterism. Look it up. Might be one to add in to your paper.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

When I did mine I did basics like erectile disfunction, sadism, masochism, etc... But there was one I came across that I found interesting (and made me look at crowds a little differently.) Frotterism. Look it up. Might be one to add in to your paper.
eek! I just googled Frotterism. Humm....makes me wonder about the weirdos that always bump into me in crowds!
I will definitely mention that one! Thanks for the idea!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I was thinking with the holidays and all would be a good time to address all the "social" drinking that happens. but the other sounds interesting too!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's a good point too!

...i'm sure i can find a way to relate social activities (such as drinking in a bar)...to sexual ones....