14% of all women do this on Valentines Day

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
send themselves flowers?! Yeah, that's what I heard on the radio..... I couldn't believe it?! I mean, I have never sent myself flowers (especially at Valentines....they're 3 times the price!).... I have picked some up at a store for the house, or the table.... but not sent them to me on Valentines Day....

Have you ever done this? And why? Or do you know someone who does this?

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would never send myself flowers. I think that is a huge waste of money!

That little fact is on the bottle of Herbal Essence Shampoo and Conditioner. The question is on the shampoo bottle, and it says to see conditioner bottle for answer

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would maybe send some to a female friend if she was having a horrible day, but not for a holiday. (well mothers day but other then that..) But I'd never send them to myself. That's cheesy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

I would never send myself flowers. I think that is a huge waste of money!

That little fact is on the bottle of Herbal Essence Shampoo and Conditioner. The question is on the shampoo bottle, and it says to see conditioner bottle for answer
Maybe that's where they got it from?! Or maybe they all use the same book of useless facts....kinda like those "juice guys"....

And I would send them to a female friend if I knew she was having say a paticularly rough Valentines day.... but they are a fortune that time of year!!!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm actually suprised it's not higher than %14. Maybe cause it's just flowers. I dont' buy flowers for myself, but if I'm spending valentines day alone - I'm gonna enjoy it - bubbles for the bath, wine, book, and sometimes some nice jewelry

No reason why we shouldn't treat ourselves girls!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never done that either.
I also sometimes will pick some up at the store for the house, but that's different.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't even want hubby to send me flowers - too expensive for something that's just going to die in a week anyway.
So no, I've definitely never sent myself flowers.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I don't even want hubby to send me flowers - too expensive for something that's just going to die in a week anyway.
So no, I've definitely never sent myself flowers.
Fiance brought me flowers for Valetines ONCE. They were beautiful and I was appreciative of them because I didn't want to hurt his feelings... but once they were dead, I sure let him have it. I would rather him have spent the money on something that would last longer
If I remember correctly, I really needed a new vacuum that year

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
While I have never sent myself flowers on VDay, I have sent them to a girlfriend of mine and I signed the card Matthew McHaunahay(signed Matthew McI'mAHottie since I can't spell it for crap). This was back when we were all single.

Hubby doesn't get me flowers for VDay since I told him that was the one day when I didn't care if he got them for me or not. He does send me flowers at work from time to time (but never on holidays) b/c he knows it means more to me. Nothing better than getting a bouquet of flowers (non-roses) for no other reason that DH has been working late nights and knew it would make me smile!
I know I know, we are gushy newly weds...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a lisenced florist/wedding planner. Right now i'm not working out of a shop....just my home...but i always save myself a flower or two on valentines day lol. They make me happy! (Besides, I could always just say i had leftovers!
)