Mum Cat Breathing

camillab

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Guys.
Just a question..
My mum was over the other day and said that the way mummy cat was breathing looked strained...I've observed her, and its true. It's like diaphragm moves up and down, but its quite a severe movement. She has always been like that, since she was a kitten......so maybe its just the way she is? I've never thought it was a problem, but my mum said that her cats, you can hardly see them breathing.....
She's nearly 2 - she's never been sick.....she seems healthy? Any suggestions?
We're taking her to the vet in a few weeks once the babies are weaned - and we will ask them to check her out, but in the meantime was just wondering if anyone had seen anything like this? or had any suggestions?

Thanks.
:-)
Kim

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CamillaB

Hi Guys.
Just a question..
My mum was over the other day and said that the way mummy cat was breathing looked strained...I've observed her, and its true. It's like diaphragm moves up and down, but its quite a severe movement. She has always been like that, since she was a kitten......so maybe its just the way she is? I've never thought it was a problem, but my mum said that her cats, you can hardly see them breathing.....
She's nearly 2 - she's never been sick.....she seems healthy? Any suggestions?
We're taking her to the vet in a few weeks once the babies are weaned - and we will ask them to check her out, but in the meantime was just wondering if anyone had seen anything like this? or had any suggestions?

Thanks.
:-)
Kim
Hey Kim.....can you call the vet and describe her breathing to them??

Katie

trixtersmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has she not been checked out by a vet ever? If she has, I wonder why they wouldn't say anything about this. I hope she's ok! *HUGS!*