What should I buy first?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kay guys, I need your help..I just got a bonus and I need to buy a new mp3 player, computer speakers, and a digital camera..I don't want to buy everything at once, but am not sure in what order I should buy them. I think I'll buy one thing every 2 weeks, so the payday balances the spending off. Here's the story:

Computer Speakers: right now I have no way of playing music in my apartment and it drives me crazy listening to tv music. I would most likely use them every day.

Digital Camera: I don't have one at all, and probably wouldn't use it that often, but need one none the less.

New mp3 player: I already have one, but its only 128mgs, and its crappy and turns off all the time. I would use it every other day at the gym.

In what order should I get these items?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well the digital camera would be nice so you can post pics of Trout! But I'd go for the speakers or mp3 player first. Probably the speakers. Well the irrational side of me would get the camera first.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would say the camera first, too, same reason, so you can post pics of Trout. But ....the Mp3 will give you the option to listen to music at home and at the gym. But I still say the camera, the mp3 then the speakers.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say speakers > camera > mp3 player

You obviously NEED speakers as you have an mp3 player now and are not using it for music, then the camera just because we need pics of Trout and replace the mp3 player last. Although, knowing that you are relatively close to me, Walmart has a huge sale on mp3 players ($40 off) so maybe get that while its on sale

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Speakers, camera, MP3, if you listen to music much.

Although...you might be surprised how much you'll use your camera if you haven't had a digital before.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mp3, computer speakers, camera.
Since you are buying all three of them for sure (it sounds like), that's the order I'd go in. If you have to pick and choose, it might be different.

And what do you mean you wouldn't use a camera??? You have kitties! I promise you'll take a lot more pictures once you have one... I didn't take many pics until I had a digital camera, either.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the order I'd go with:

1) Computer Speakers
2)Camera
3)MP3 player

have fun!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You answered your own question to be honest.
"computer Speakers: right now I have no way of playing music in my apartment and it drives me crazy listening to tv music. I would most likely use them every day.

Digital Camera: I don't have one at all, and probably wouldn't use it that often, but need one none the less.

New mp3 player: I already have one, but its only 128mgs, and its crappy and turns off all the time. I would use it every other day at the gym."

So if it were me judging by what you posted, I'd say, computer speakers first, mp3 player second, and digital camera third.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speakers first

Then around the holidays get the camera and MP3 player... EVERYTHING is on sale then

Oh and here's a tip: When you get the camera, get rechargable batteries.. I HAD to.. Mine ate batteries like crazy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow thanks guys, I haven't quite decided yet..I do know the mp3 player will be last since I already have one...
I can' decide whether to get the camera or speakers first...I have NO camera, but I do have crappy speakers right now, and of course music channels on the tv which play a song like I like maybe 50% of the time..

I'm kinda thinking: camera, speakers, then mp3....

Camera is also most expensive, so getting that overwith might be good. And if I run out of money, I could most likely afford the speakers or the mp3 with my regular cashflow, whereas a camera is like over $200, and might be a stretch without my bonus money....

Hmmm, I think I just answered my own question

Then its settled...thats what I'll do!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
New camera for me!!

thanks guys!!!

huffypeg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First of all - congratulations on the bonus. That's cool. I reckkon speakers first. I know I'd go crazy if I couldn't listen to music of my choice. Then digital camera for all the reasons everyone here has said - Trout pictures!! (Obviously I don't have one...), and then the MP3 cos you've already got one, and therefore it can wait a bit before being upgraded.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

This is the order I'd go with:

1) Computer Speakers
2)Camera
3)MP3 player

have fun!
Id go with this order too

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The camera
...... great choice ...... so we'll be waiting for pics of Trout and any spiders you may need help identifying

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

The camera
...... great choice ...... so we'll be waiting for pics of Trout and any spiders you may need help identifying
Oh...you are so lucky I don't have you for secret santa.........