It's probably ltoo early to say this

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And I'll probably come in tomorrow and say "well, he had another episode"... but it is seeming like Wonton is a bit calmer
He just seems more sedate. We've been spending more time with him consequently... He's in on Rick's lap at the moment. He's not lethargic or anything though - he was playing with his ball last night in the kitchen. I'm really hoping it's not just wishful thinking, and that this really is working. Giving him his meds was even easier tonight - he just laid there and let me stick my finger in his ear and smear the cream on it. Looked a little annoyed after the fact, but he let me do it. I gave him a few treats afterwards - I want him to make the connection- meds=treats!
Just thought I'd give you all a little update, even tho it's early days yet.

In other news, I may have a chance to meet Bob Dylan in two weeks. As you can imagine, I'm pretty excited..but I'm also trying not to get my hopes up, because it's only a chance. If it does happen and I get pics, I'll post them up

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is good news that Wonton is letting you give him his medication.

He will be thinking that good things happen when you have physical contact. ear rub = treats. Hopefully that will continue when he comes off the prozac, and eventually he will just enjoy the ear rub without the bribery

Prozac can be difficult for people to come off, how long is Wonton going to be on his meds?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by VampireCat

That is good news that Wonton is letting you give him his medication.

He will be thinking that good things happen when you have physical contact. ear rub = treats. Hopefully that will continue when he comes off the prozac, and eventually he will just enjoy the ear rub without the bribery

Prozac can be difficult for people to come off, how long is Wonton going to be on his meds?
the vet said six months to a year - he said it takes time for them to "reprogram" and get used to this new calmer way of being. im in it for the long haul though, i realize it'll probably take months to wean him off it. I just want him to get better

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sure it will all work out, you are a very determined and caring meowmy

Wonton is one lucky boy.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just checking in to see how Wonton is doing today...... I hope hes doing great !!!

Let us know if you get to meet Bob Dylan that will be so cool !!!!