Yankee Candle Flagship Store (pics)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Today we took the drive to the Yankee Candle Flagship Store

http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/...Flagship+Store

This was our fourth visit, and the place never ceases to amaze me! To say the place is huge is an understatement. Obviously they can't sell just candles in such a large space. They have a section devoted to Kitchen items, Home goods, seasonal decorations, Christmas items, Toys, etc. They also have a few places to eat. In additional to all of the regular scents, they had all of the new Christmas Scents, as well as some retired scents that were brought back, and scents that will soon be retired. They also have a "seconds" room, where you can get some great deals.

I did bring my camera this time and took a few pics:

This is the votives section:

This is one side of the rack. There are votives on both sides, and there were three of these racks:

This room was full of Christmas trees, and every so often, "snow" would fall from the ceiling

The "Nutcracker" room

The "Castle" room. There were also waterfalls in here:

The tree in the middle of the "Bavarian village" area

This room had the Christmas villages:

Just a few more random pics -

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!!!!! I want to take a road trip now!!!! That store sooooooo blows the one in Memphis out of the water! It's huge!!! OMG I wanna go!!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It really is the place to go if you love candles

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness!! I would have been in heaven there!!

I just bought my first Yankee candles last week and I love them

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is an amazing store.

I would like to see the look on peoples faces when the snow starts falling.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's sort of like the mothership for you, isn't it Karen?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

That's sort of like the mothership for you, isn't it Karen?
Yea, it is
They did have a deal where if you spent $75 you got a certificate for $15 in gasoline. I bought something for SS, and I did buy this for Abby -

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Today we took the drive to the Yankee Candle Flagship Store

This was our fourth visit, and the place never ceases to amaze me! To say the place is huge is an understatement. Obviously they can't sell just candles in such a large space. They have a section devoted to Kitchen items, Home goods, seasonal decorations, Christmas items, Toys, etc. They also have a few places to eat. In additional to all of the regular scents, they had all of the new Christmas Scents, as well as some retired scents that were brought back, and scents that will soon be retired. They also have a "seconds" room, where you can get some great deals.

I did bring my camera this time and took a few pics:
OMG! That's my neck of the woods! I didn't even realize it until I (finally) had the chance to sit down and actually read a post or 2 instead of skimming. I was just in Deerfield and Sunderland yesterday and again today. Beautiful up there isn't it? We go to Yankee candle all the time (one must have YC to live!). BTW - that is also where the "real" Santa is
. He is amazing. He has the entire look down pat (and it's all natural!). This has been an annual visit for my kids when they were younger near Christmas time - to go see the "real" Santa and tell him what they want.
Also - next time you're up that way you've got to hit Sugerloaf Mountain off Route 116 (it's right down the street from YC). You can drive to the top of the mountain and look over the most beautiful view! Also - you should give Mikes mazes a try in the fall (I think the website is www.mikesamazingmaze.com). He does a cornstalk maze in the shape of something extravagent. This year it was Julia Child. Visit the website - his mazes are amazing! It was a lot of fun. Took us 2 hours this year. There's games inside the maze as well. I think both Sugarloaf and the maze are in Sunderland.
You're pictures of the bridge of flowers are absolutely beautiful by the way!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I showed this thread to Colin earlier....his reply: "Thank God they don't have one that big here!!!!! I'd never be able to get you out!" .....
...does he know his lady well or what!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
They have opened one in Virginia now, so it's a bit closer for you

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should not bring in candles unless you can bring em in for the whole class. I would be so broke if I went in there that's like waving a huge piece of fudge in front of someone on a diet and then saying nope you can't have any.