First contact

brawlass

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone

We are Lyn and Kahuna. We come as a package. Kahuna is roughly 10yrs old and is Black with the tiniest white flecks on his chest, I got my furbabe from my brother who's wife left him (and his kids. Long story), although I had grown up in a home which always had dogs, I always wanted a cat and did not have the heart to let this wee man go back to a shelter even though I had never met him. He was the only one of 6 kittens that survived been thrown in a river. So after a 4 hour drive from Inverness, my house was suddenly invaded by a slightly nutty cat. NEVER looked back. Kahuna decided to own me in 1998 and since then, my life has been full of love and furry cuddles. I have never had any problems with him, I do not care about carpets being slightly shredded and chairs scratched. 1 Month ago we had our first ever scare - my furbabes tail was limp. Vet visit resulted in being told that it was nerve damage and that he would never get any feeling back. Was told to go back in a week and be prepared for an amputation. I was devastated, not because he would need his tail off but because I would have to leave him and walk away. Well, first of all, WE did not like that vet, he was rough and slightly uncaring. So week went by and I saw a new vet, NO amputation, no loss of feeling (well, very slight). A week of steroids and unbelievabale sickness had sorted it out. His tail will never be 100% it's kinda zig zaggy but it's still here and as strong as ever. I thought I might lose my babe at one point but we stuck it out and he's as mad as ever

So after that very long introduction (SORRY), HI and I look forward to finding out things and getting advice where needed.

L & K

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello Lyn and welcome to you and Kahuna !!! Post some pics so we can see your lovely babe. He sounds like he survived a harsh start to life, hes a miracle babe. You speak of him with such dedication and love
And yea to you that you love Kahuna more than your carpet and chairs
Thats exactly how I feel about mine too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brawlass

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks folks. And thank you for the warm welcome. I would love to post pics of my Kahuna but don't know how. Can't see a link to adding pics and have no way of resizing as I know many sites need this to be done. I do have pics on my HD but so not good at technical stuff.

brawlass

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pami, thanks. carpets and chairs and anything fabric/material are nothing when it comes to the love shown by a cat. Kahuna isn't too bad with this. Yes I have a bare carpet beside his toilet and scratches and catches on my furniture - so what? Kahuna is happy. Not saying I let him run riot in the house but some things just come naturally with a cat. Possesions versus cats? Cats every time. Especially here, Yeah I get the moans from my parents (well my dad) but this aint a show house, and I am not someone who wants everything to be 'just so'. He was treated badly enough from the start so, my job given he seems happy to have me as his slave is to be all I can for him.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lyn, if you will go to photobucket.com and register for free, you can upload your pics there. Before you upload there is a button right below the upload button that when you click on it, it gives different sizes to upload the pic to. Click the message board size.

Then come back here and open a message to post and click on the yellow box in the top right corner. Copy the first link under the photbucket pic and paste it in the yellow box. I hope that makes sense. Cant wait to see Kahuna. Great name btw !!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! If you need any help with anything on the site, just click on my user name and send a private msg . I will be more than happy to try to help.

brawlass

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok. Again thanx. I will try the foto thing when I am more awake. i.e. tomorrow. I will be more than happy to put up pics of my babe. Not best quality cause as a black, it's difficult to get good pics. Kahuna sais goodnight. Getting nagged here to go to bed so he can snuggle under the covers. Wimp or what? Thanks folks. Night night and take care x

brawlass

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Forgive me if this is wrong. Not his best pic but typical Kahuna on my lap.

gwen109

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome, I'm new too and Gizmo and I are from Scotland aswell. Your kitty is beautiuful.

huffypeg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi - Welcome to you and Kahuna. He's a beautiful boy. Thanks for sharing Kahuna's story. What a miracle boy. I'm glad you got a second opinion.

brawlass

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your comments about my babe. I have loaded some on foto bucket so will now see if I can paste the link. This is all too new to me

deleted for reasons below.