are they *purebreed* ?

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi, I was given 2 kittens from my father that he bought from an irresponsible breeder (that was my fault actually cos I was a first timer and didn't make research or asked for advice from someone else) and didn't give me any papers, anyway I loved them instantly and have any regret now that are part of my life. They are so cute and have a really nice personality both of them, The white one *snowbell* is quiter than the female though. They look actually as real persians, maybe someone here can tell me if they actually are *real* persians and what colour are they (snowbell I guess is a solid white although he has a greyish small nearly invisible patch on his head). thank you very much in advance.

posted before I pasted the pics.. sorry :p

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...6/P9140126.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...6/P9140149.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...6/P9140129.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...6/P9140124.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...P9140132-1.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...6/P5261800.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...6/P5261802.jpg

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look like pet-quality persians to me. The one is a white (gold eye?) and the other is a brown tabby - not sure if its classic (bullseye on the side) or mackeral but its a brown tabby.

They are pretty. Probably byb's persians.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The white one had blue eyes as a baby, now they are more greyish, sometimes green. Bothe eyes are the same though. What is byb ? thank you this forum is incredible with lots of useful info.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They sure are beautiful no matter what they are, reminds me of maine coons, but I am no expert at all, they are going to be very beautiful when they get big... And BTY Welcome to TCS

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BYB means backyard breeder. I can see persian in them but I dont really think they look purebred.

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thank u halfpint. i was in other forums about cats but quitted soonafter,some people really think they are queens and kings. anyway snowbell is over my lap right now, covered in 2 towels, just gave him a bath. is your cammy a manecoon ? zazzy is really beautiful, i have a soft spot for black cats. as u said no matter what they are, you love and take care of them the same, thats y i didn't return them back.

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thank you, i was just curious now, and nobody i know seems to know, and a trip to the vet to know the breed isn't necessary. I will have the male neutured nxt week, on thursday.

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very, very cute cats. Most likely mixed. The tabby should have round copper eyes, the white male should have blue eyes, or copper eyes, if they were purebred persians.
The shapes of their heads and eye color suggest to me they are persians mixed with something else.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think you mentioned how old they are but if they are over 5 months and the female isn't spayed yet, remember the male can still get her pregnant for a month after he is neutered. They don't care that they are related. I assume they are since they came from the same breeder at the same time.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xerr

thank u halfpint. i was in other forums about cats but quitted soonafter,some people really think they are queens and kings. anyway snowbell is over my lap right now, covered in 2 towels, just gave him a bath. is your cammy a manecoon ? zazzy is really beautiful, i have a soft spot for black cats. as u said no matter what they are, you love and take care of them the same, thats y i didn't return them back.
NO Cammy is not Maine Coon, actually she looked alot like your baby when she was small, someone gave her to me, they found her on the street. All of mine except Mickey and Cammy are ones I rescued
s from a busy shopping center parking lot, I have alway's wanted a maine Coon, but I couldn't Love it anymore then I do all 8 of mine, Good luck with those 2 beauties, lots of joy in store with them.

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes Jen, they are brother and sister, the only time available in our vets' is next thursday. The thing is they have no intention to mate, the male is a soft toy and a baby and doesn't even notice his sister. They are a bit under wieight and had some diarrea problem 2 weeks ago, they just recovered. they are 7 months now, but next week he will be surely get neutured. I am at home all day, so I keep both eyes on them, but as I said before they don't seem to get interest in each other

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thank Jenniferd, My dad said he got them * a bargain* , now I know the reason
Anyway I have an orange tabby as well. i rescued him from the strrets. I did warn everyone in the family not to get me any pets anymore by buying them. Future cats will be adopted from our local spca from now on. Too many cats abondened nowadays.
Malta

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They look like "old style Persian" meaning, they're not purebred but WOW they're beautyful!

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thank you Sol, I searched for something like them, the doll face persian are little bit like mine. Same face seems.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look like Doll Face Persians. Very cute! A friend of my mom shows/breeds Persians and Himalayans. I've helped her with them several times.

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
that's what i tought too
thanks 4crazycats

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of litters are born from thinking "they show no signs of being interested"!

Siamese breeder told us the story of her 5 month old little male that was running with some of her females - he never showed any interest in the females. But he became a daddy at 7 months old! So he did know what he was doing at 5 months old....keep them separated till both are spayed/neutered. I'd get them done as quick as you can.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The males aren't interested 'til the female is in heat... and a young kitten can have a silent (asymptomatic) heat...

So yeah, neuter ASAP. You don't want kittens having kittens--poor things have enough problems without that.

If they're persian crossbreeds, or just persians bred by someone who had no idea how to do it, they're still some of the most beautiful cats I've seen in a while.

Frankly, I don't really like the way people are breeding Persians and other breeds towards physical extremes. Cats are just more beautiful when they are as they were meant to be... wild hunters who, over a trivial thousand years or so, have decided it's comfortable to sleep and eat where the humans are.

(I think the same thing about dogs, really; German shepherd and other sorts of dogs like that--working breeds with heavy coats and intelligent minds--have always been my favorite sort. And those are the ones that have the closest resemblance to their wolf ancestors, while still being thoroughly domesticated...)

So, after having rambled on for a while, I really think your cats are more beautiful than "real" Persians. Enjoy them... make sure to take good care of that beautiful fur of theirs... give 'em plenty of toys, good food, and snuggle time... Just like any cat.

If you look just at the quality of your relationship with those kittens, you won't be able to tell the difference between them and the most honored of show cats. A cat is a cat is a cat; and they can't read (and don't care about) their own pedigrees. It's only we silly humans who do that.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! What little dolls.

They definitely have Persian in them, you can tell by their faces. If you ask me, they are more beatiful than the show Persions... I'm not a big fan of the too-smushy faces. They look just right to me!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just noticed you're in Malta... I want to visit there someday! I have a friend who spent a couple of semesters there.. I hear it's pretty and crowded.

And yes, they look like Dollfaces to me too. Just gorgeous little fluffballs, they are!