This is NOT happening!

prncss89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need a major vent! It all started yesterday. The sewage company is doing something in the neighborhood. Well all of a sudden my sinks, dishwasher, washing machine and toilet all started to back up all in my house! Then my 5 year old starts throwing up with the flu! Half her class has it. So Now most of the pluming is working except the toilet!!! It keeps overflowing and nothing fixes it. Also my washing machine will not drain the water out! My 9 and 12 year old are saying they feel sick also! I need the toilet and washing machine working cuz they are very much needed. The sewage company said they will come back Monday to see if it was something they have done. Monday are you kidding me!
How do I have three sick kids and no toilet and washing machine! I haven't slept and I need to potty! I think in another 30 min I will be in tears not knowing what to do! Anyway how is everyone weekend going?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least the computer is working!
I just got mine back from the shop yesterday.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by prncss89

I need a major vent! It all started yesterday. The sewage company is doing something in the neighborhood. Well all of a sudden my sinks, dishwasher, washing machine and toilet all started to back up all in my house! Then my 5 year old starts throwing up with the flu! Half her class has it. So Now most of the pluming is working except the toilet!!! It keeps overflowing and nothing fixes it. Also my washing machine will not drain the water out! My 9 and 12 year old are saying they feel sick also! I need the toilet and washing machine working cuz they are very much needed. The sewage company said they will come back Monday to see if it was something they have done. Monday are you kidding me!
How do I have three sick kids and no toilet and washing machine! I haven't slept and I need to potty! I think in another 30 min I will be in tears not knowing what to do! Anyway how is everyone weekend going?
I would call the sewer place and DEMAND them to come back and fix what they obviously messed up, on their time and money.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call your local tv station and let them know what's going on.....as soon as they set foot on the sewage companies property....your pluming will be "magically" fixed within a matter of hours!!! That always works around Memphis with landlords, companies, other places are giving the public a hard time and not fixing the things they are suppsed to.....throw in the fact that your kids are sick...and that raw sewage is harmful to their health
You'll have the problem fixed in no time! Good luck sweetheart! Lots of prayers and vibes comming your way!!!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is horrible! I watched an episode of Dirty Jobs, where they had to go in and clean a house that had sewage in it. Cleaning that up has to be done by professionals and can pretty much destroy your house. I would not let them wait to come in and fix it. I would also demand that they provide a cleaning service immediately. Is there any way you can stay at a hotel or with family?

That is awful!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I recently had problems with my septic system and and back-up in basement on Sat & Monday-I know the feeling. I got lucky and found someone to pump out tank and do other things to fix the problem-had to run the dehumidifier and fans sat-monday nite. What kind of company cannot fix your problem. Are they insane??? I would use their bathrooms and have your kids puke in their house!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If things aren't better, I think that you should call the fire department and see if they can contact the environmental health inspector for you - he can get things rolling along! That is ridiculous - it creates a health hazard for you and your kids

I can commiserate, though - in 2004, our main sewer line broke (it was set in the concrete slab) and to make it worse, our intake water pipe froze and burst! I was virtually without inside plumbing. Fortunately, we live on 10 acres in the country - and my "outhouse" was a rearranged woodpile and a shovel. For a "chamber-pot" for nighttime use (I have kidney problems), I used a 5-gal plastic bucket lined with papers & filled with clumping cat litter. And fortunately, we have a small, year round artesian stream - I would fill buckets up with water and keep them on the woodburner. My mom said I was living in a 3rd world country