Extreme Makeover - Home Edition in Southern Indiana!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a family in the small town of St. Meinrad getting their makeover this week. I'll get a link in a couple of minutes.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great!
But I've never heard of that little town..
But I have to admit, I get a little jealous when I watch that show sometimes. They sure get NICE houses! (But they are usually much-deserved).

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I watched last weekend with the lady that lived in a very small house with I think 13 people total living there. She was always worried about how she was going to pay her bills every month. Well they knocked her house completely down and built her a HUGE house with a football field in the back for her sons. They even gave her heated floors. It was really nice, but I thought if you were worried about paying your bills in your other house, your power bill in this one is going to be enormous !!! I wonder if they offer them assistance with anything like that ?

I mean the gesture was really nice, but it will just add more stress to her if she cant afford it. Although she could always sell it.

dollfacepersian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree! But I think its great that there are reality shows out there that are giving something other than entertainment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I watched last weekend with the lady that lived in a very small house with I think 13 people total living there. She was always worried about how she was going to pay her bills every month. Well they knocked her house completely down and built her a HUGE house with a football field in the back for her sons. They even gave her heated floors. It was really nice, but I thought if you were worried about paying your bills in your other house, your power bill in this one is going to be enormous !!! I wonder if they offer them assistance with anything like that ?

I mean the gesture was really nice, but it will just add more stress to her if she cant afford it. Although she could always sell it.
Usually in cases like this, they mention at the end that they have established a fund to help pay for the additional expenses. They may have run out of time to say it.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I know about St. Meinrad is the seminary. It's wonderful that some Indiana folks will be getting an amazing new house!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a house in Dundee, WI (Fond du Lac county) that is getting a extreme makeover this coming week. An article in the paper said these homes get 4-6 thousand tourists daily watching with more on the final day. I might take a road trip this week to see for myself!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow and I was happy when our company got to help with a Holmes on Homes show (even though we weren't in the actual TV show)

Its always great when something like that happens close to home

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

There is a house in Dundee, WI (Fond du Lac county) that is getting a extreme makeover this coming week. An article in the paper said these homes get 4-6 thousand tourists daily watching with more on the final day. I might take a road trip this week to see for myself!!
Hey, I haev BEEN to Fond du Lac once. On the way to Milwaukee from Appleton...

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think this show is great. they really do some good for people that need it. I always watch it. Last year here in Maine they built a giant log cabin type house for a local lobsterman. He had lost his arm due to having it caught in the hauler out lobstering and had to amputate it himself to save his life! He drove back to the dock and collapsed luckily he lived . They also bought him a state of the art lobster boat and 200 hundred new traps.His old boat wasn't anything that anyone should of been out hauling in it was really decrepide and he didn't even have a CB to call for help with. This family really needed it. We drove up when they where filming. It was unbelivable the amount of people there!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just found out the family is returning today. "Move that bus!!!!"

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the members of our lapidary (gem and mineral) club showed off his official extreme makeover t-shirt. He worked about 18 hours and a relative of his helped build the items for the girl's room.

They (network?) bought the adjacent property and the house occupies 2 lots!