Oh no, It has started.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well my SO has taught me how to "buy" things online. It started the other day with a case of energy drinks (i'm really saving money I tell ya.
).

And that was from Amazon. Well so then I decided to check out Ebay. Oh lord...

THERE IS SO MUCH STUFF I CAN BUY!!! I think I'm in love. Wow..There's this perfume that I was going to buy from the Kohls the other day, and it was like 52 bucks, so I said screw it. Well low and behold, Ebay has it, for way cheaper. So that's a give in. And they've got make-up, and really awesome accessories. I'm scared. My bank account is going to be mad at me.

But COME ON! It's the cool thing to do these days! Now I just have to get an alternate address so that SO doesnt know all this stuff I'm about to buy!
HAHA!! Just kidding, he'll probably be the one who stops this newly found addiction soon anyways.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, my SO was talking about it the other week. He's changing banks just so he can get a credit card and register with ebay. Men and their toys. But at least i can sell my freaking wardrobe now! I dont have a credit card so he's letting me sell it through his account when he gets it. Since we moved house a few months ago, i've had this beautiful wardrobe sitting in the middle of my room, cause now i have a built in!

Rar!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man...
I typed "Pink Sweater" into the search bar on Ebay, and I about died from excitement. This just happened now. I got to page 6, and decided TCS is cheaper.

Looks like I'm going to be picking up some extra days at work.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to avoid Ebay! I've heard about it though! I had a serious addiction to "The Shopping Channel" - I looove clothes - but have stopped watching since I've joined TCS and VF! DH thanks all of you!

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
eBay is very good, but a word of caution....dont bid more than you can afford to lose.

Most, but not all who use this site are honest, unfortunately we have come across those who sell copies/forgeries of various goods.

Please be careful who you buy from. It may seem a bargain but if it doesn't work properly then you may find your money wasted.

We have also lost out to people who have taken our money and not sent the goods auctioned
, and eBay will not always refund.

Have said that we have also bought from a lot of very nice people who have saved us a lot of money.

We tend to only buy now from those with 100% feedback and have full refund cover. Been stung to many times to do otherwise.

Sorry had to vent on the subject of eBay

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by VampireCat

eBay is very good, but a word of caution....dont bid more than you can afford to lose.

Most, but not all who use this site are honest, unfortunately we have come across those who sell copies/forgeries of various goods.

Please be careful who you buy from. It may seem a bargain but if it doesn't work properly then you may find your money wasted.

We have also lost out to people who have taken our money and not sent the goods auctioned
, and eBay will not always refund.

Have said that we have also bought from a lot of very nice people who have saved us a lot of money.

We tend to only buy now from those with 100% feedback and have full refund cover. Been stung to many times to do otherwise.

Sorry had to vent on the subject of eBay
Well I've mostly been looking at the "buy it nows" because I don't like the bidding thing.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OMG I will never start or will never stop
I'm not even gonna go there! lol
Colin loves ebay though...and always seems to find good bargins on there....but that's just way too tempting for me

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I'm not even gonna go there! lol
Colin loves ebay though...and always seems to find good bargins on there....but that's just way too tempting for me
I've always stayed away. Just because it's amazing. There is everything on there. Everything. Anything you could ever dream of having, they have it.
Yay!!
But I'm limiting myself I suppose. Just starting with the shoes, although there are like 4 pink sweaters that are in my "favorites", and my christmas list has now begun.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been drooling over the purses lately. I'm waiting for the perfect one! I found a Fossil one yesterday that I really liked, but there was no buy it now button, and apparently someone else wanted it more than me!! She ended up paying almost full price for it!!
Oh well.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

I've been drooling over the purses lately. I'm waiting for the perfect one! I found a Fossil one yesterday that I really liked, but there was no buy it now button, and apparently someone else wanted it more than me!! She ended up paying almost full price for it!!
Oh well.
Oh don't even get me started on the purses they have on there!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh and jeans!! You can get like a brand new pair of name-brand jeans for like ten dollars!! I really have to stay away from there for awhile!!

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Oooh and jeans!! You can get like a brand new pair of name-brand jeans for like ten dollars!! I really have to stay away from there for awhile!!
You shouldn't have told me that!

prncss89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have never been to e-bay however I am now going to look! Hubby will be thrilled lol

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I comparison shop book prices between Amazon and Barnes and Noble. That's about all I'll buy at Amazon. I bought last month a Coach checkbook wallet for 1/3 new retail cost and am bidding on a couple other items. I search for some other stuff to if I have the time-its terribly addicting!!!

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love shopping online and have a wish list for myself that's too long...lol. We're good at distinguishing between "wants" and "needs," though...so I don't lose too much.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On-line shopping for some things is great. I like getting books 'used' off Amazon. I have gotten a few off B&N. DH got his flat-screen monitor off Ebay. That's also where we got the cat tree for the girls. I don't buy clothing online except bras. I need to see things on me to know I will want them ya know?

I do have to watch myself with it too. I say it's genetic...my Grandma and Aunt are QVC nuts....wich I loved to watch when I had cable, though I havn't bought anything from them over the TV. I guess this is like the next generation of QVC shopping....speaking of...gotta go check out the sheets on QVC....