Need Help With Stray

driest~rain

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been feeding a stray for about a week now and yesterday she actually came close and let me pet her, today she even let me pick her up. She is terribly skinny and a bit dirty but very sweet.
I don't mind feeding her but can't afford to take her to a vet and I don't have a car right now to get her to a shelter. Does anyone know of a rescue or shelter in the Baltimore, MD area that will pick her up.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Driest~Rain

I've been feeding a stray for about a week now and yesterday she actually came close and let me pet her, today she even let me pick her up. She is terribly skinny and a bit dirty but very sweet.
I don't mind feeding her but can't afford to take her to a vet and I don't have a car right now to get her to a shelter. Does anyone know of a rescue or shelter in the Baltimore, MD area that will pick her up.
I am truly not aware of any organization that will drive out to pick up a cat except Animal Control. Can you bring this girl inside and keep her away from any other pets?? Then reach out to friends and family to see if they would be willing to help you try to find her a new home.

Katie

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Bless you for looking out for this kitty
Perhaps if you call a local shelter, they might have a volunteer come out and pick her up for you - you may have to arrange to meet them somewhere - with all those kooky stories in the news, it's understandable that they might be worried about the safety of their personnel if they send them out to an address (I'm the type who worries about the pizza guy
). I hope that you find the answer soon! Maybe there is an organization which will help you with vet bills

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for doing what you can for this kitty.

You can use these links to try to help. This one will pull up a list of organizations in your area. You have to call them to see if they can help:

http://www.pets911.com/organizations/organizations.php

You can also contact the Best Friends No More Homeless Pets program:

http://www.bestfriends.org/nomorehom...ts/thenetwork/

At the above link, there is an e-mail link you can use to ask if there's anyone part of the network locally that may be able to help.

You can also try calling around to local vets to see if they know of a shelter, organization or person who may be able to help in this situation. All the vets at the Northern end of this county know to call us if they get a call like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

driest~rain

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My boyfriend won't let me bring her in because he's afraid she could have something that might make our cat sick. I keep telling him he's crazy, since I was little my mom and I have taken in strays and in 30+ years only one of them had feline leukemia. But he's stubborn.
There used to be someone who would pick up a cat for a small monetary donation and/or some food or old blankets or towels. Now they want a $40 donation.
I've called a bunch of places and none of them will take her, everyone is full as it is kitten season. I've been told by several rescues to just drop her off outside another rescue (in a carrier of course) then call and let them know she's there and they will have to take her in.
So now I'm trying to con everyone I know into giving this little sweetheart a home. Anyone in Maryland want a very loving little tortie?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry can't help on that front. But.... if the only thing holding up your taking her in to foster her until she can be adopted out is BF's fear that she'll infect your kitty with something.... do you have a separate room (even a large bathroom) or basement you can keep her in until she can see a vet? That's how we manage it in emergencies.... :;

Otherwise... hoping you find someone for little sweetie!