My last day

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is my last day at work. I know I've had threads where I really hated my boss, ect - (I WONT be missing him
) but I'm going to miss my techs, salesmen, service guys so much. I pulled up this morning and saw all my techs loading up their toolboxes
Pretty sure that I started to tear up!

Its going to be a long day, and a hard one at 5PM, thats for sure

Its unreal how attached you get to the people you work with... they are the ones I spend all my time with... 9 -10 hours out of the day with, 5 days a week... they are the ones that I've been with for the past 2 years, thru my ups and downs of my job... I never thought this would be so hard.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Kenz, I thought you were going to the new workshop? Which job are you going to be doing?
I know you're sad, it's always hard leaving a place where you've made friends but as one door closes another opens and you're going off to do something else you'll enjoy just as much

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry your having such a hard time Kenz
I missed something too, because I thought you were going over to the new place until you found a new position somewhere else. Were you able to find a new job yet? I know that was a big concern.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't be going to the new shop

My boss pretty much hired someone else in my spot, without really telling me what was going on - until the last minute (this week). He hired the girl that was here before me, who did a horrible job, and nobody likes.

SO... I talked to my accountant today here @ work, and he was going to talk with the owners to see if I could possibly stay here, but until then, I'll have to take unemployment, which scares the heck out of me

I've been tearing up all day, I shoulda just called in!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I won't be going to the new shop

My boss pretty much hired someone else in my spot, without really telling me what was going on - until the last minute (this week). He hired the girl that was here before me, who did a horrible job, and nobody likes.

SO... I talked to my accountant today here @ work, and he was going to talk with the owners to see if I could possibly stay here, but until then, I'll have to take unemployment, which scares the heck out of me

I thought the owner was going to give you another job to do... That was bad enough, but now booting you out completely! What a jerk! He could have at least had the decency to give you some time to find a new job.

I am sending lots of vibes your way that you find a new job fast. Getting through today is going to be hard
We are right here with you along the way though, Kenz. Hang in there

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hang in there! It is hard leaving your friends behind, but if they are true friends you will stay in touch!

Good luck!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh NO Kenz!! I missed that he hired someone in place of you!
It is really hard knowing your job is closing down. We do spend major portions of our lives at work and get to know the people well. You will find a job you love more and be happier with!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

I thought the owner was going to give you another job to do... That was bad enough, but now booting you out completely! What a jerk! He could have at least had the decency to give you some time to find a new job.

I am sending lots of vibes your way that you find a new job fast. Getting through today is going to be hard
We are right here with you along the way though, Kenz. Hang in there
Yeah, he pretty much told me last night that I should just take unemployment. Its going to be a big family organization - (which is going to bite him in the butt ). He said that I could help out in the shop, which means checking in parts, mixing paint - ect. But I'm not going to lower myself to him, especially as he's treated me so horribly the past few weeks.

I'd rather take unemployment than put up with his mess

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

He hired the girl that was here before me, who did a horrible job, and nobody likes.

Well it'll be the price of him if she messes up!

Now come on Mackenzie, show them your strong side. This door might be closing, but another one will open for you soon

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Oh Mackenzie!
! I didn't realise!
Last time I heard about it you were all set, and he was going to be giving John a job too

I am so sorry you're not going to have a job. I really hope you get one soon. Have you been applying yet? If I were you I would leave early today, infact I wouldn't even have gone in today!
Surely you have some kind of right as an emoloyee that he can't just replace you? Are you going to be getting any money from them?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first couple of weeks are the hardest emotionally, but you'll get through it because you're strong, and you have lots of us here at TCS sending you strong vibes that you'll find a new and better job very quickly.

Please try not to let yourself get too down in the dumps, but at the same time, it's okay to feel sad and depressed at the loss of the job. It isn't who you are, though, and it's only a temporary situation - I know you're going to be okay.

I'm just a PM away if you need a shoulder!!!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's a hard day to be sure, but you're going to be fine!
Today is just the end of that chapter. Tomorrow you can wake up fired up to find your next "chapter"!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He will still be giving John a job - as the painter (with good money) so, I have to talk to him about that today.

Otherwise, nothing for me. Unemployment office here I come

The only good thing thats happened today is that my best friend who I work with here, brought me in hot chocolate and my favorite muffin, and just had my favorite flowers delivered to me, they are so pretty, I'll have to take a picture (with a hottie in the background
)

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is a Jewel song that says "everything is temporary if you give it enough time". Kinda depressing but very true.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Kenz, I didn't know that...........but like eveyrone has said, a new door will be opening soon........I think we've all been in the boat of having to find a new job, and how scary and uncertain it is but it usually works out for the best, as I'm sure yours will too!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Here chick, stuff your face from all of us here at TCS
Awwww.... thanks Susan!

My favorite!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw Kenz
. I went through something similar back in April (only I never got unemployment, despite many, many emotionally-draining appeals!), and yeah, it sucks and it is hard. Job hunting stinks and rejection stinks even more. BUT, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you will find a job (and a BOSS) that is so much better for you- that I can guarantee