Please, raise your hand!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were talking about how Debi here at work heard that 8 out of every 10 women are jealous of women who are beautiful, nice bodies, etc. Have you ever ever felt that way? I did in highschool, I must admit.......

Now as a mature adult, no.........I say more power to them!!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Both hands up! I know its shameful to admit. I think when I was at school I was almost intimidated by girls I felt were better looking than me. I felt like they had something over me.
However, now I realise that the majority of the time beauty and a good body doesn't just happen and most people work very hard at it.
So I agree, hats off to them! (most of them anyway
)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't get jealous, but occassionally I get wistfully envious. I used to have a nice body, once upon a time. I was a size 4/5/6 for almost 20 years, then I quit smoking at the same time my body chemistry changed, and I'm now what they call average at a size 12, which to me feels huge only because I was so very small for so very long.

Now I'm working on just accepting myself for who I am as I head into my 40s. And when I look at those with gorgeous bodies, I wish it were me for a split second, then smile as I think to myself, well, that won't last. Age happens, and real beauty runs much deeper than what you can see on the outside.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No i am not jealous.
I do envy those women who are skinny, but i also do like my curves
i just wish i was a size smaller. unfortunately though my cellulite has gotten worse, and my skin is going really weird, i can pull it from all sorts of places and its getting gross.

So i am going to my skin doctor and ask what i can do about it

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I was at school I wished everyday I could be like Dionne, she was stunning, blonde hair, good body, gorgeous bright blue eyes and the cutest nose, in comparison I felt so ugly...As I grew up I realised I am who I am and I was here for a purpose also, and anyway Alan tells me enough I am beautiful inside and out, and that means enough to me, as an adult I can't say I have ever felt jealous over someone elses looks etc, I'm happily married and happy with how I am, even though I'm nowhere near 'prefect'

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe a long time ago, but I've come to the realization that these girls have just as many problems as me and just cause they're good-looking doesn't make their lives any better.... pretty people get divorced, are broke, hate their jobs etc. Sometimes IMO they're so caught up in their own looks their personality suffers a bit if you know what I mean
so I'll just be my thick self and drown my troubles in food!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Now I'm working on just accepting myself for who I am as I head into my 40s. And when I look at those with gorgeous bodies, I wish it were me for a split second, then smile as I think to myself, well, that won't last. Age happens, and real beauty runs much deeper than what you can see on the outside.
Very beautifully put!

I used to be insanely jealous of those girls during my thick, frizzy hair, braces, geeky band nerd stage (please tell me some of y'all went through that phase too!!!), but am past that now and much more self-confident and happy with how I look!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Very beautifully put!

I used to be insanely jealous of those girls during my thick, frizzy hair, braces, geeky band nerd stage (please tell me some of y'all went through that phase too!!!), but am past that now and much more self-confident and happy with how I look!
Oh Amy, thats still happening to me

No seriously, I had all the frizzy hair and my hair dresser said that as you go through puberty your hair changes etc didn't make me feel any better.
All the pictures of me between 11-13 I have my mouth shut in this stupid smile to try and hide my braces
Oh how I hated them.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I barely had any pictures taken of me when i had my braces!
I really wish i did take some though!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure "jealous" is the right word for it. "Envious," yes. I wish I had those bodies (well, maybe a bit more curvy), I wish I was taller, thinner, prettier, etc. I'm not really jealous, though, because I know I have other things going for me, and I'm aware that most beauties have to work really hard to look the way they do. I'll never be a supermodel. I've resigned myself to that fact. At least I'm brilliant!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it was more not being able to see the beauty within myself rather than really being jealous of anyone else. I also think that is because my sister is one of those women that most would be jealous of for her looks and figure. She was always thin, long blonde hair, beautiful blue eyes, etc. Even at my thinnest I was never a size 5, 7, or 9 simply because I have "birthing" hip and boobs. But you know, I saw that the kids at school made fun of my sister about as much as they made fun of me. They called her "Barbie" and it hurt. It's not the name that's said, it's the intent of the name.

So, I would have to say no, not jealous. I wish I could find the discipline for myself to get back to looking good physically, but I still have a husband who loves me no matter what.
He doesn't care if I lose that extra bit or not.
He sees the beauty that goes more than skin deep, and I can too now.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I used to be insanely jealous of those girls during my thick, frizzy hair, braces, geeky band nerd stage (please tell me some of y'all went through that phase too!!!)
Yup, been there done that! Hair was so frizzy they called me the Sphinx, had the full-on tin grin, and I was SO much smarter than all the other kids in school that they ostracized me and called me names like dictionary. (I later went on to join MENSA, just to prove that I could, LOL!)

Originally Posted by rosiemac

Trust me when i say your life is just about to begin!
Well, I have my Harley-Davidson motorcycle and my precious kitties, so I'm ready to rock!
Bring it on!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Back in High School, I don't think so. I had a pretty good body back then. Now, well I'm working on getting that body back! I don't want someone else's body, I just want to be happy with mine. I guess the only people I'm jealous of are the ones who eat whatever and don't exercise and look like they do!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I guess the only people I'm jealous of are the ones who eat whatever and don't exercise and look like they do!
I'm not jealous of them. I just hate them.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm still like that!
But to answer the question, no, I'm not jealous of them.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

.....all the frizzy hair and my hair dresser said that as you go through puberty your hair changes etc .....
They always told me I'd outrow my acne. I started with it in 4th grade. Didn't go to a Dr till 9th. She told me I'd outgrow it by age 16. At age 16 anohter doctor told me I'd outgrow it by 18. At 18 another dr told me I'd outgrow it by my twenties. I guess instead of jumping just 2 years they thought they ought to go for 12 this time. I'm still in my twenties....so we'll see in a few more years if they were wrong again this time!