Fun Tip of the Day!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So yesterday when I was taking Jasmine home on the way back from the vet, she peed in my car! Lol, I think she was letting me know how she felt about going to the vets office.
For the life of me I couldn't get the smell out! I tried the new formula of natures miracle, enzyme cleaner..you name it! Then I called my sister Kimmy! Kimmy told me to put listerine on it and that would take the smell out instantly....well, I thought that was a bit weird, but it works!!! Really well!!! I dabed a bit of Listerine (blue, but almost any color will work) onto a papertowel and out lightly rubbed the papertowel all over the backseat to get all of the smell out!!!! OMG! It works sooo welll!!! I'm in love with Listerine (hehe, don't tell Colin I used his mouthwash to clean up cat pee though
....(I use Crest
). So that's my fun tip of the day! It works on carpets too when you want to get the smell out (just test a tiny spot first so you don't stain it....but it didn't stain my car seats when I used it.). Ok, so now it's everyone else's turn to share a fun tip of the day!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder will it work on #2's????? I have quite a few spots I treated this morning from OX with petstain remover and carpet cleaner.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

It works on carpets too when you want to get the smell out (just test a tiny spot first so you don't stain it....but it didn't stain my car seats when I used it.). Ok, so now it's everyone else's turn to share a fun tip of the day!
no fun tip here, just a question - what color are your car seats?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

no fun tip here, just a question - what color are your car seats?
My seats are light grey

(I tried it on my light beige carpet today and it worked there too without staining! I diped a little edge of a papertowel into a small dixie cup with listerine in it and then i really lightly dabbed it on the area that smelled
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I wonder will it work on #2's????? I have quite a few spots I treated this morning from OX with petstain remover and carpet cleaner.
It works on the smell! (not the stain though) But it takes cat/dog odors right out!!! It's awesome!! Also, it works on odors from Rabbit accidents too (Thank's Sophie!
)

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I should pour a bottle on the kitten room carpetting. After fostering in a carpetted room for 2-1/2 years...there have been LOTS of accidents!