heres one to start with

one of my husband pet-peeves about me

I hang the tea-towel over the dish-washer door - it drives him spare

DONT ASK !!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've found that because I have a very large vocabulary and am an extremely self-sufficient and independent woman, that men (that I date) find me intimidating and it pisses them off when I use words that they don't understand but are too insecure to ask what the meaning of them is.

I'm very direct and to the point, and have also been dealing with (hopefully I've improved over the years) the fact that lots of times, my tone of voice will convey something other than what I am intending, so I have hurt or offended people without even realizing it. I've been working VERY hard at trying to hear myself when I speak to avoid that from happening inadvertently.

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like to be punctual. Five minutes early is on time, on time is late, etc. My husband hated that we left early for everything when we first got together. Now, with two toddlers, leaving early still barely gets us there on time--he appreciates it now.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I've found that because I have a very large vocabulary and am an extremely self-sufficient and independent woman, that men (that I date) find me intimidating and it pisses them off when I use words that they don't understand but are too insecure to ask what the meaning of them is.

I'm very direct and to the point, and have also been dealing with (hopefully I've improved over the years) the fact that lots of times, my tone of voice will convey something other than what I am intending, so I have hurt or offended people without even realizing it. I've been working VERY hard at trying to hear myself when I speak to avoid that from happening inadvertently.
I don't know where to find the yeah that smilie but "Yeah That" = me.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess that i am such a creature of habit. I like to do things in the same order every day. I park in the same parking spot, I get up at the same time.

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Apparently people think I am stuck up b/c I am shy at first and I am pretty smart (not to sounds stuck up, teehee).

I am REALLY bad about initiating friendships (and have some social anxiety), so sometimes that makes it hard to befriend me. I also HATE cell phones, so I am really bad about listening to my voicemail. Woops!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
er.... everything!

If I had to pick one thing in particular, it would be the extreme pedantry.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm arrogant. I'm very smart (I'm not trying to be a brat by saying that, I'm just stating the truth), and I have a tendency to use big words, correct grammatical errors, and spout off on random topics as if I know everything about everything (I don't, but I have a lot of useless bits of trivia swimming around in my brain, and sometimes I can't shut up). I have an opinion on everything, and as far as I'm concerned, everyone is entitled to my opinion. I'm very confident, even in strange situations, and my confidence comes across as arrogance or over-confidence. I have always been convinced that there isn't anything I can't do. All of this combines to make me come across as very, very full of myself. And I probably am.

I'm also antisocial. Not in like a sociopathic kind of way, but I just plain don't care if people like me or not. I used to be a really sensitive kid who worried about everyone's opinion, and then one day I just got over it and decided it didn't matter so long as I liked myself. Now, I don't feel obligated to talk to strangers just because they started talking to me first, and if I'm doing something by myself, I want to be by myself. My boyfriend bought me a T-shirt that reads "I'm antisocial. That means 'Go Away.'" Overall, I think most people would say I'm something of a
. I'm comfortable with that.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'M always LATE!!!
Oh my gosh,, I'd be late for my own funeral.. And that isn't a lie..... I swear,, I try to get places on time,, but i just don't plan very well with my time..

Plus I can be a real "You Know What.. B%*#$) I know this,, I know this well.. I just don't care for people who are rude or mean or intolerant of others, or just are jerks.. So I speak my piece.. It's just me.... Take it or leave it.. My husband knows I am.. I hear that regularly.. Oh well..
If ya don't like then don't act like your better then me, or mean.. Otherwise watch out,, I'm a female dog to the rarest......

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tend to be a very low-key, wallflower type of person, but when I'm right, I'm right and I will argue to the death to prove it
and some people find that very annoying... especially if they're the "wrong" person!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I tend to be a very low-key, wallflower type of person, but when I'm right, I'm right and I will argue to the death to prove it
and some people find that very annoying... especially if they're the "wrong" person!
That's my problem entirely

But I am very quick to apologize on those times that I am actually proven wrong

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

I'm arrogant. I'm very smart (I'm not trying to be a brat by saying that, I'm just stating the truth), and I have a tendency to use big words, correct grammatical errors, and spout off on random topics as if I know everything about everything (I don't, but I have a lot of useless bits of trivia swimming around in my brain, and sometimes I can't shut up). I have an opinion on everything, and as far as I'm concerned, everyone is entitled to my opinion. I'm very confident, even in strange situations, and my confidence comes across as arrogance or over-confidence. I have always been convinced that there isn't anything I can't do. All of this combines to make me come across as very, very full of myself. And I probably am.
I can SO relate to you!!! Once a friend of mine bought me a T-shirt that read: "I'm not arrogant, I'm just smarter than you."

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

That's my problem entirely

But I am very quick to apologize on those times that I am actually proven wrong
Oh, yes, definitely, I'm not so stubborn that I can't be proven wrong.... but it doesn't happen very often!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If people annoy me, I just won't bother with them, which my husband thinks is kinda b*#@$y. I spent a long time trying to please everyone and be nice to everyone, and burnt myself out and had people walk all over me. I'm still nice to people, but I won't continue to try and be everyone's best friend if I don't have the time for them. I prefer to have a couple of good friends rather than lots of "friends" who annoy me!

I have a friend who's incredibly sensitive, and gets very upset about the most minor thing, and she's gotten upset about me not inviting her to something, which was just purely a misunderstanding - I thought she was going to ring me to say whether she could come. She rang her mother, her sister, her other friends, and told them all about it, and decided I was a horrible friend for being so rude, and a real friend wouldn't invite someone to something then not bother confirming the details. I have since distanced myself from her a bit - I don't have time for that sort of emotional person. She didn't talk to me for a week, and I had no idea why - another friend and I didn't even know who she was cranky at!! I only got it out of her because I emailed her and said she should tell me what was wrong - I thought she was annoyed at our other friend, not me....

So yeah... that's what people don't like about me I think

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I have a friend who's incredibly sensitive, and gets very upset about the most minor thing, and she's gotten upset about me not inviting her to something, which was just purely a misunderstanding - I thought she was going to ring me to say whether she could come. She rang her mother, her sister, her other friends, and told them all about it, and decided I was a horrible friend for being so rude, and a real friend wouldn't invite someone to something then not bother confirming the details. I have since distanced myself from her a bit - I don't have time for that sort of emotional person. She didn't talk to me for a week, and I had no idea why - another friend and I didn't even know who she was cranky at!!
I think we must have the same friend! You described one of my GF's to a tee!
We are very different in certain aspects of our personality and sometimes I shake my head at why we are still friends...(but the other qualities seem to balance out)
The problem is I am at the other end of the spectrum. I often have a barb or a sarcastic witty comment to make (even at myself)...and I find most people often love me or hate me....The latter are those like myself who are a little loud, love to laugh all the time, and can be blunt. I don't like it when I have learned that I have hurt someone's feelings but most of the time find its unwarranted...as in "don't take yourself so seriously!"...

As others here, I will argue a point to death too...especially when I know I am right
but also will offer an apology or correct myself if I am proven wrong!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm moody and don't like lazy people. I also don't like liars and will go out of my way to prove that they were lying about something if I know it's true. I think people find me irritating because of that.
I get snappy and irritable if I get stressed out and tend to take that out on everyone. Oh yeah I have OCD and it drives most of my coworkers nuts when I get anal about cleaning the shop. (most of them are LAZY)