I'm hungry and it's only 10:30!! What's for lunch?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What did you all do/going to do for lunch today? I brought some soup from home, a yogurt and a little snack pack of Reeses Peices, you know those 100 calorie little packs? I'd rather have a nice big thick cheese peice of pizza!!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

What did you all do/going to do for lunch today? I brought some soup from home, a yogurt and a little snack pack of Reeses Peices, you know those 100 calorie little packs? I'd rather have a nice big thick cheese peice of pizza!!!
I'm gong to a little Bistro to have lunch with my Mom. I'm excited.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh well hubby is requesting a Greasy Spoon tea tonight

its a meal thats full of stuff that the dieticians would cringe at, you know stuff youre not suppose to eat much of...................

Fried Eggs, cheapo sausages, fried bread, black pudding, beans, home-made chips, and loads of bread & butter to make hugh butties with
oh and a cup-a cha to swill it all down

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lunch is gone here, but i am having it now at 16:40!
toasted cheese sandwich and to swallow it all down with a nice cup of english tea!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, not sure yet - probly something quick @ home, I think leftover pork roast and potatoes sounds yummy

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having leftover pasta, from Tuesday night's yummy dinner. At least, I'm assuming it was yummy ... I was stuffed up from a head cold Tuesday night, so I couldn't really taste anything. Today my nose is all clear, so I'm looking forward to lunch. Only an hour to go!

Oh, and Reeses Pieces come in 100 Calorie packs? Seriously? I've only been able to find Hershey's chocolate bars (which are still delicious, but c'mon, chocolate and peanut butter would be sooo much better!), and half the time those 100 calorie packs are completely sold out! Hmmm, must search more carefully next time I'm at the grocery store ... Would it be completely unreasonable of me to send my boyfriend on a quest to find me some Reeses Pieces 100 Calorie snacks?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

I'm having leftover pasta, from Tuesday night's yummy dinner. At least, I'm assuming it was yummy ... I was stuffed up from a head cold Tuesday night, so I couldn't really taste anything. Today my nose is all clear, so I'm looking forward to lunch. Only an hour to go!

Oh, and Reeses Pieces come in 100 Calorie packs? Seriously? I've only been able to find Hershey's chocolate bars (which are still delicious, but c'mon, chocolate and peanut butter would be sooo much better!), and half the time those 100 calorie packs are completely sold out! Hmmm, must search more carefully next time I'm at the grocery store ... Would it be completely unreasonable of me to send my boyfriend on a quest to find me some Reeses Pieces 100 Calorie snacks?
Nope, not unreasonable at all!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea what lunch is: I work three days a week at a University and (lucky me) I get to eat lunch in the cafeteria. Most days I eat some soup and something from the salad bar, everything else usually looks a bit suspect!!

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade chicken and rice soup with a ham, cheese and marmite sandwich!

(I wish they made 100 calorie chip/crisp packets!! What would that be--5 chips?)

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ugh, Smart Ones lunch with a Weight Watchers chocolate bar (6 points total). This way I still have 14 points for dinner and I can splurge a little!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

Homemade chicken and rice soup with a ham, cheese and marmite sandwich!

(I wish they made 100 calorie chip/crisp packets!! What would that be--5 chips?)
What's a marmite sandwich?

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What's a marmite sandwich?
Usually, I just have marmite thinly spread on toast with butter (its an English thing). But I also love cheese and marmite together on a sandwich..
See below:
http://www.spurgeon.org/~phil/marmite.htm

It's a yeast extract, very black and tarlike in its thickness.
It's an acquired taste but usually consumed in England or Australia (Vegemite).

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Dont eat it SUSIE!!!

ITS DANGEROUS! AND TASTES IKKI!
OK FRAN!!! Looks iccy to me too!!

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OK FRAN!!! Looks iccy to me too!!
Be brave, gals! Be brave!!!

yes, most people who didn't grow up with it--and a few who did--CAN'T STAND it!!!!--I am sure Fwan has tried it and she is right to be afraid...

It's got good vitamins in it though!!

My friends and my BF will not touch it.

They don't eat blue cheese either though and that is DELISH!!
I guess I just like weird looking stinky foods!