TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I'm hungry and it's only 10:30!! What's for lunch?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I'm hungry and it's only 10:30!! What's for lunch?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
What did you all do/going to do for lunch today? I brought some soup from home, a yogurt and a little snack pack of Reeses Peices, you know those 100 calorie little packs? I'd rather have a nice big thick cheese peice of pizza!!!
post #2 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever View Post
What did you all do/going to do for lunch today? I brought some soup from home, a yogurt and a little snack pack of Reeses Peices, you know those 100 calorie little packs? I'd rather have a nice big thick cheese peice of pizza!!!
I'm gong to a little Bistro to have lunch with my Mom. I'm excited.
post #3 of 18
Oh well hubby is requesting a Greasy Spoon tea tonight

its a meal thats full of stuff that the dieticians would cringe at, you know stuff youre not suppose to eat much of...................

Fried Eggs, cheapo sausages, fried bread, black pudding, beans, home-made chips, and loads of bread & butter to make hugh butties with oh and a cup-a cha to swill it all down
post #4 of 18
I am thinking Church's chicken sandwich for lunch today. Iwth fries and a coke!
post #5 of 18
lunch is gone here, but i am having it now at 16:40! toasted cheese sandwich and to swallow it all down with a nice cup of english tea!
post #6 of 18
It's gone here as well and nearly tea time
post #7 of 18
Um, not sure yet - probly something quick @ home, I think leftover pork roast and potatoes sounds yummy
post #8 of 18
I'm having leftover pasta, from Tuesday night's yummy dinner. At least, I'm assuming it was yummy ... I was stuffed up from a head cold Tuesday night, so I couldn't really taste anything. Today my nose is all clear, so I'm looking forward to lunch. Only an hour to go!

Oh, and Reeses Pieces come in 100 Calorie packs? Seriously? I've only been able to find Hershey's chocolate bars (which are still delicious, but c'mon, chocolate and peanut butter would be sooo much better!), and half the time those 100 calorie packs are completely sold out! Hmmm, must search more carefully next time I'm at the grocery store ... Would it be completely unreasonable of me to send my boyfriend on a quest to find me some Reeses Pieces 100 Calorie snacks?
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinae View Post
I'm having leftover pasta, from Tuesday night's yummy dinner. At least, I'm assuming it was yummy ... I was stuffed up from a head cold Tuesday night, so I couldn't really taste anything. Today my nose is all clear, so I'm looking forward to lunch. Only an hour to go!

Oh, and Reeses Pieces come in 100 Calorie packs? Seriously? I've only been able to find Hershey's chocolate bars (which are still delicious, but c'mon, chocolate and peanut butter would be sooo much better!), and half the time those 100 calorie packs are completely sold out! Hmmm, must search more carefully next time I'm at the grocery store ... Would it be completely unreasonable of me to send my boyfriend on a quest to find me some Reeses Pieces 100 Calorie snacks?


Nope, not unreasonable at all!
post #10 of 18
I have no idea what lunch is: I work three days a week at a University and (lucky me) I get to eat lunch in the cafeteria. Most days I eat some soup and something from the salad bar, everything else usually looks a bit suspect!!
post #11 of 18
Homemade chicken and rice soup with a ham, cheese and marmite sandwich!

(I wish they made 100 calorie chip/crisp packets!! What would that be--5 chips?)
post #12 of 18
Ugh, Smart Ones lunch with a Weight Watchers chocolate bar (6 points total). This way I still have 14 points for dinner and I can splurge a little!
post #13 of 18
I had a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.
post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy View Post
Homemade chicken and rice soup with a ham, cheese and marmite sandwich!

(I wish they made 100 calorie chip/crisp packets!! What would that be--5 chips?)
What's a marmite sandwich?
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever View Post
What's a marmite sandwich?
Usually, I just have marmite thinly spread on toast with butter (its an English thing). But I also love cheese and marmite together on a sandwich..
See below:
http://www.spurgeon.org/~phil/marmite.htm

It's a yeast extract, very black and tarlike in its thickness.
It's an acquired taste but usually consumed in England or Australia (Vegemite).
post #16 of 18
Dont eat it SUSIE!!!

ITS DANGEROUS! AND TASTES IKKI!
post #17 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan View Post
Dont eat it SUSIE!!!

ITS DANGEROUS! AND TASTES IKKI!
OK FRAN!!! Looks iccy to me too!!
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever View Post
OK FRAN!!! Looks iccy to me too!!
Be brave, gals! Be brave!!!

yes, most people who didn't grow up with it--and a few who did--CAN'T STAND it!!!!--I am sure Fwan has tried it and she is right to be afraid...
It's got good vitamins in it though!!

My friends and my BF will not touch it.

They don't eat blue cheese either though and that is DELISH!!
I guess I just like weird looking stinky foods!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I'm hungry and it's only 10:30!! What's for lunch?