This Alpha Cat stuff is getting OLD!!!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay,, i'm reallyy really frustrated.... Sooo bad!!!

So i've been trying to slowly introduce the two strays I have had for over a month now.. There smaller then my other two cats (Angel and Chessy). Alex is a male who is not much smaller then my Angel and Chessy. But Kella (female) is really small like 2 lbs max, compared to the my 5 lb cats.

Anyways,, I let Alex and Kella out of the backroom for several hours while i'm home,, and it never ever fails,, Angel chases them and swats at them and hisses, and so Alex and Kella both are screaming and hissing, and that whole rerrrr noise,, and then Alex and Kella are hiding till they get enough nerve up to run or I go pick them up..

I DON't KNOW how to get Angel to leave these two alone.. I know Angel is the Alpha Cat that is apparent,, because Chessy doesn't care about these two,,she chased them the first day and was like forget it,, there cool.. But not Angel she stalks them and is soo mean to them.. I don't know what else to do!!!

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They will have to work out their order between themselves. As long has there is no bloodshed, let them work it out. Chasing, hissing and growling are normal. Make sure you are sharing each of their scents with the other. If you do a search on this site for "introductions" theres a lot of tips on how to make the transition go smoothly. Good Luck.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

They will have to work out their order between themselves. As long has there is no bloodshed, let them work it out. Chasing, hissing and growling are normal. Make sure you are sharing each of their scents with the other. If you do a search on this site for "introductions" theres a lot of tips on how to make the transition go smoothly. Good Luck.
& it may never stop completely. Chip's been with us for 6+ months, & Cable still feels the need to remind him of her 'queen' status several times a day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So have I messed up by just basically throwing them into the mix... They don't ever stay out overnight,, they go back to the back room.. But when there out the fighting keeps on going..

Will the blanket/towel thing still work??? or even vanilla at this point??

Can I fix what I've obviously messed up with this introduction of these strays!!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

So have I messed up by just basically throwing them into the mix... They don't ever stay out overnight,, they go back to the back room.. But when there out the fighting keeps on going..

Will the blanket/towel thing still work??? or even vanilla at this point??

Can I fix what I've obviously messed up with this introduction of these strays!!!
if it helps, i've never done the slow intro thing, altho i did go more slowly with both Java & Chip. but both of them were running around the whole house inside of about 3 days of coming home with me.
however i did find that the feliway plug-ins helped
they're kinda expensive, tho.
& it wouldn't hurt to do the towel/blanket thing, or groom them with the same brush & put the vanilla on them.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
??????? how long should i keep them apart for reintroduction??

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

??????? how long should i keep them apart for reintroduction??
just start over like they were new, according to the article. that's what i'd do.