What's the one kitchen appliance you dream about owning?????

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is definitely a crushed ice machine of any sort!!! I get sick of ice trays lol!
What about you? What is the one kitchen appliance you would love to own?? (That you would actually use!
)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to say a dishwasher, but I already have one. Last year we bought one with our tax return. We have very little cupboard space as it is, but it was worth the sacrifice. I just can't think of any other appliance. I have a ton I don't use already, no where to store them! Most still sit in thier boxes from when they were unwrapped as wedding and bridal shower gifts. I can't wait to have a house with more kitchen space. Immagine all the wonderful things I can make with this stuff once I have room to see what I have!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would want a new stove. The one I have has only 1 working burner and the oven. My dishwasher and garbage disposal are broken too. Maybe with my tax refund next year I can get the stove.... Sigh

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

a neat mixer...those stainless steal ones you see professionals use!
I would hardly ever use it but oww weee!
I just hope they are better than my stainless steal bowls. I made a chiffon cake for my mother in one of mine, and you have to beat and beat and bead it till it 'forms stiff peaks.' Well that bowl has all these marks in it from the beaters. I didn't think they were that thin or anything. I just worry about what might have gotten into my cake!

I have some good pots and pans that aren't non-stick and I desprately need someone to teach me how to cook with them! I don't need more toys, I need a teacher!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I would want a new stove. The one I have has only 1 working burner and the oven. My dishwasher and garbage disposal are broken too. Maybe with my tax refund next year I can get the stove.... Sigh
Dh got our stove from a used appliance place. It was old and that funky yellow color, but it came from a retirement home where the people hardly used it. We bought appliance paint from Lowes and presto, good stove for cheap! There is a place near here somewhere that sells 'damaged' appliances like that also. I had a friend get a very good dryer for dirt cheap because the paint on one side was scratched!

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Food processor. That would nice for making pestos and stuff. Yumm.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Mine is definitely a crushed ice machine of any sort!!! I get sick of ice trays lol!
What about you? What is the one kitchen appliance you would love to own?? (That you would actually use!
)
does a maid and cook count as a appliance?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, we got our dream refrigerator when we moved into our townhome - side by side with ice and water in the door. Not just that, but it's a large freezer that you can actually put frozen pizzas in horizontally. AND the water deal has a swivelling spout so you can fill any sized container, and a measuring feature so you tell it how much you want for a recipe or such and it does it! Best part - we've seen the fridge at Lowe's for ~$2000 and we got it on an open box special for $875!

OK but the appliance that I WANT is a wine cooler, preferably with dual zone cooling for whites and reds. Probably large enough to hold 30-40 bottles. That's the dream anyway...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewwww! I didn't think about a dishwasher!!! That would be lovely!!! We don't have one at my duplex. Colin has one at his house....but I always forget to use it and wash everything by hand- he always walks in the kitchen and catches me and just laughs and says, "Nikki, you know I have a dishwasher right" lol...woops!
(after 21 yrs of washing dishes by hand, it's a habit
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

does a maid and cook count as a appliance?
nope....lol....come on, admit it, you want a smoothie maker

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
smoothie maker hmmm not a bad idea,
hhmm ok i could use new juice maker for sure, my old one is burned out

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

A dishwasher.
Yes, I do my dishes by hand still
my mother actually got the dishwasher taken out of her house when she remodeled it! the next place I move will have a dishwasher, I'm not sure I could even put one in my current abode

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dream of a Tumble Drier! I really miss the one I bought my mom while I was living with her! Now I have clothes hanging up on driers and radiators all over the flat!