Examples of Secret Santa Gifts, Please

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Would anyone like to share what they have given or received in the past for Secret Santa? I have a few ideas and a really great person, but would just like to hear what others have done. Thanks a lot in advance.

~Rhonda

soxinabox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have had a few things in secret santa gifts from ann summers which I thought were great fun.... I was a bit put out at the size 18 french knickers 1 year though. I got a lovely hot water bottle 1 year with a froggie cover which i still treasure now and a great set of slippers with sheep on the top which still make me smile. If you know who the gift is for then you know what he/she will like or find funny just go with it and have fun

Elaine x

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've gotten everything from "Reindeer Poop"- marshmellos in a bag lol....my niece was 6- it was cute
....to some not so family friendly thing as a joke from some of my friends.

My favorites are ALWAYS candles and Bath things (salts, bubbles,oil..etc)
I also recieved a lovely gift from my friend one year...she made these adorable boxes that all fit inside of each other...each had a picture of us together at a special event or fun time in our lives...and in each box she put a little treat! It was awesome!! I still treasure that today...she put a lot of love and work into that and wasn't concerned about "buying" me the perfect gift! That was awesome

I will definitely be getting someone a "Save the Ta Ta's" bumper sticker for christmas this year!!!http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100555

Ohh, I LOVE fuzzy slippers and lip glosses too- those would be good gifts....and in honor of Susan- GNOMES!!!!!

Good luck!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I've gotten everything from "Reindeer Poop"- marshmellos in a bag lol....my niece was 6- it was cute
....to some not so family friendly thing as a joke from some of my friends.

My favorites are ALWAYS candles and Bath things (salts, bubbles,oil..etc)
I also recieved a lovely gift from my friend one year...she made these adorable boxes that all fit inside of each other...each had a picture of us together at a special event or fun time in our lives...and in each box she put a little treat! It was awesome!! I still treasure that today...she put a lot of love and work into that and wasn't concerned about "buying" me the perfect gift! That was awesome

I will definitely be getting someone a "Save the Ta Ta's" bumper sticker for christmas this year!!!http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100555

Ohh, I LOVE fuzzy slippers and lip glosses too- those would be good gifts....and in honor of Susan- GNOMES!!!!!

Good luck!!!

I LOVE pamper-me things. Bubble bath, lotions, body sprays, and CANDLES!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a wonderful array of items distictly Aussie ..... My SS was from Australia and did a great job ... The" kids" got a toy each , I got a pocket calendar( featuring Aussie animals ), this whirlly outdoor decoration that I used to decorate my bedroom wall, some yeast stuff that makes great soup

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Let's see...I got maple syrup last year. That was my favorite present! There were a few cat toys, a candle in a candle holder, treats for the girls and stuff like that. Oh and a wall hanging that I keep in here that says "The cat rules our home."

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've received several really neat gifts, but the one that topped them all was last year, when my SS made me a calendar, featuring my kitties. Not only did she make a beautiful calendar, with some of my favourite shots of them, but she took into consideration that I am Canadian, and made sure that the holidays were the right Canadian ones, and spelled Canadian, too. It would have been a wonderful gift, if it had just been my kitties, but she really went the extra mile, and I've been enjoying it all year in my office, where I have had occasion many times to tell people how I came by it. They, too, have been blown away.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a thread last year where everyone posted pictures of their presents

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, I've received some amazing gifts!

Last year I received a beautiful necklace with pinky jewels in it! I love it and it matched my new wrap perfectly!

The year before I received a great selection of things (t-shirt, cat toys and treats, spreading knives....!!) including a Christmas cat spoon rest that lives in the kitchen year round!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Abby received a "cat tent" with instructions to put the tissue paper on the bottom. Here she is investigating:

I received lots of kitty dishtowels with a mitt and potholder

I also got a really cute Cat frame a shotlglass from Florida

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually send candles, a cat calender, refrigerator magnets, kitchen towels and socks.

In years past, I've received the above-named items, as well as chocolate and earrings.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year was my 1st year participating -I got CD's from my SS featured singers from her country, a beautful ornament, a nice journal which I use in my business, a pretty little dish. I sent something representing my state, cat treats .

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the thing with secret santas, is to make it as personal as you can get.... and go for something the other person would LOVE, but never actually buy for themself. I got wine tags, that were all different types of high heels....they are so cute. A coffee mug that says "drama queen" and one that says "shoe goddess"....
And I got my SIL coasters that say "drunk" "tipsy" "sober" "plastered" with the definitions below....this way we can pass out each coaster to whomever the title fits!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Last year was my 1st year participating -I got CD's from my SS featured singers from her country, a beautful ornament, a nice journal which I use in my business, a pretty little dish. I sent something representing my state, cat treats .
That's a good idea too, sending something from your state....as long as it's non-perishable. Somehow I don't think I'd be able to parcel post a cheese steak!!!
But we do have a mean "cheese cake factory" in the Pococono's, and I think they ship all over......so I'm sure it would be refrigerated.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
How about cat-themed gifts? Xmas ornaments, socks, earrings, coffee mugs, stationery, T-shirts, doormats, etc., plus some treats and/or toys for the kitties? This site has lots of pet-themed items, and a portion of the proceeds goes to animal rescue: http://shop.theanimalrescuesite.com/...0&origin=40162
I got a lovely jewelry box (much needed!) and a mug last year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the ideas and sharing, now I've got a good idea on what I want to do. Plus I went and read prior posts from my SS, and I've got a nice idea of what she's like. Gotta love this site, it's great on so many levels. Thanks again.

~Rhonda