Jasmine went to the vet today!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, just a little update! I took Jasmine to the vet this afternoon. She unfortunately has a tiny spot of ringworm above her eye, at this point I want to scream lol....Colin, Kenzie, Me, and now Jasmine have it! Uhh!!! I got some extra medicine for her and i'm ordering more Tek-Trol as I type! Kenzie's spots are starting to look much better as are mine and Colin's thankfully...so now we just have to clear up Jasmine.
While we were there, I had her teeth checked- the vet said they look great (I brush all of my animals teeth I'm getting my degree in dentistry ...lol go figure!) Her ears and the rest of her look great according to the vet, so that's good! She weighs 14.7oz...her target weight is 9 lbs.
She weighed 15lbs when I adopted her...so she hasn't lost much at all since we've had her despide differnt diets,measuring out her food, and not free feeding her. I was a bit concerned that she wasn't loosing any weight over time....with a steady diet, so that's why she went back to the vet. That and I really suspected ringworm when I noticed a tiny spot on her today- what can I say, I'm an overprotective meowmy lol.
We're trying yet another new weight mantinance diet with her *sigh* dry Science Diet Feline R/D formula. She will get a total of 1/2- 3/4 a cup of food a day (i will split that into two feedings...one in the morning and one at night.)The vet said this should help her with her weight so hopefully this will work! I will also be putting Abilene and Isabella on this too to help maintain and keep them at a healthy weight. Velvet will stay on the Purina. She does excellent with it. / Jasmine was such a trooper today! lol, she's such a good girl! I couldn't fit her fat butt into the carriers or her harness .....yet another reason she needs to loose weight!
I'm going out first thing tomorrow after my class to get a carrier big enough for her...just in case
(I always have my girls in a kennel when I transport them, but Jasmine is ok on a leash and in the backseat (she's like a dog trapped in a kittys body, so she went on her leash today- she was sooo funny! she was looking out of the window just like a dog and "talking" to me with her little siamese meows lol! (she's completly leash trained just like a dog- all of my girls are). She was awesome! We had to wait a bit once we got there, so she sat down on the bench with me and was very good. she was rolling over the bench and playing...she didn't care about the dogs or other animals there....lol, she even tried to make friends with several animals and people! Most cats would have been having a heartattack after what she sat through today- there were swarms ofdogs in there that were really loud...lol, didn't phase Jasmine- thankfully! (i was trying to keep her away from everyone else and their pets in case she was contagious, but it sure was a trip, Jasmine kept trying to work the crowd lol). The vet absolutely loved her lol...Jasmine was purring away and trying to kiss her during the entire visit..lol, she's my favorite to take to the vet....the others freak out lol... thanks for the responses everyone! I will keep everyone posted. They all start their new diet tomorrow! Wish me luck!! I will have to resist all of those cute "starved" little faces and meows lol. Thanks everyone! Once I got Jasmine home she decided that she was "mad" at me for taking her to the vet...lol..she sulked for about 2 minutes before I got her mice out to let her play....then she was happy
What a goof ball!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some recent pictures of my little sugar momma!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with the weight control! I'd like to get Loki's weight down too, but the prednisone keeps him "portly"! Such pretty pictures!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chubby kitties are special lol...good luck with her diet. Heck i know i need to get my rearend on one!

My mikey is a tiny boy but my other cats in the past have been porkers! Its sounds like you were doing all the right steps to help her lose some weight...I found some light formulas in my cats fave wet food. I wonder if that could help your girl.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou! We definitly need all the luck we can get lol./ Prednisone even did that to me a few months back when I was having issues with my astmah lol...I felt like a stuffed turkey! Feel better Loki!!!
(once he goes off the prednisone, he will drop a little of the weight...it causes you to retain water and bloat up...so once you're off it for a bit, that usually goes down
) Thankyou for your sweet comment about Jasmine's pictures! She's my little sugar momma!! I love her to pieces

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

Chubby kitties are special lol...good luck with her diet. Heck i know i need to get my rearend on one!

My mikey is a tiny boy but my other cats in the past have been porkers! Its sounds like you were doing all the right steps to help her lose some weight...I found some light formulas in my cats fave wet food. I wonder if that could help your girl.
Thankyou! I appreciate it!

They do actually make a wet formula in that particular weight mantinance food....but mine usually do better with dry and it lasts longer....so that's what we're gonna try at the moment....ask me again in a week lol...i may change my mind

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol! I tell people I'm bloated, not pregnant
lol

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

She's not fat, she's retaining water!
At least that's what I tell people!

She sure is beautiful!
i will have to go along with that

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is just FLUFFY!!! That's what I tell people about me.LOL!! Or even stocky.She is gorgeous none the less.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

She is just FLUFFY!!! That's what I tell people about me.LOL!! Or even stocky.She is gorgeous none the less.
Thankyou! I think Jasmine is appreciating those sweet comments everyone's been sending her way since she found out she has a small spot of ringworm today. (She's a girl you know!
) ...lol...and well, her "fluffiness" would definitely explaine why I couldn't fit her fluffy butt into a carrier today!!!
lol my poor little sugar momma! She's such a sweet thing! lol..When I brought her home from the vet, My wolf mix ran over to her and had to "check her out"..she was examining the spot above her eye and kissing her belly- it was soo sweet! My little wolf mix LOVES Jasmine! It's too cute!!
(they've all already been exposed, so the vet said not to worry about seperating them....my luck they will probably all get it
)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i will have to go along with that
Good Idea
Jasmine is mighty good at swining a rolling pen
lol...naa, she's about as sweet as they get
....she's converted quite a few people into cat people since i've had her too!! Including Colin

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wait i remember reading the book of cat laws.
i think rule 345 says

If the human attempts to put me on a diet i have the rights to find a
new pet human

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

wait i remember reading the book of cat laws.
i think rule 345 says

If the human attempts to put me on a diet i have the rights to find a
new pet human
lol...oh she would LOVE to live with Colin!!!!!! Every time he comes over to my duplex, she's like "screw mommy, i'm gong to see my man!"
She'd go with him in a heartbeat....lol, and he would take her lol