OH NO! It's supposed to rain Saturday!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So my sister's wedding is Saturday and it's supposed to rain. No biggie right? Well, it is an outdoor wedding and the reception is very casual(jeans, sweatshirts, bonfire, hayride, cornmaze, VERY casual). We have the hall as well in case of rain but this wedding will be BEaUTIFUL if we have it outdoors because it is overlooking a valley and since the trees are turning, it will be just stunning with our bridesmaids dresses. Could I request some TCS vibes that the rain holds out? My sister started prayers at church as well so I really hope this works! TCS vibes are AWESOME! Thanks guys!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gees Courtney, very very very strong vibes headed your way!! But if it's any help, my grandparents were married over 66 happy years and the day they got married was the rainiest day of the year!!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending many no rain vibes!!

But you know it will be beautiful no matter what. The day my husband and I were married it was windy and poured rain the entire day...but hey it was something we will always remember!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is where the wedding is...if you scroll down you will see the wedding setup. The first pic is the hall. Just to show you how wonderful it will be if it stays sunny!

http://mapleside.com/banquet.asp

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NO RAIN dance coming from us!

My husband swears by an old Indian trick, drawing turtles in sand, dirt or with chalk. A "no rain" turtle has feet instead flippers, like a land turtle. Give that a try.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

This is where the wedding is...if you scroll down you will see the wedding setup. The first pic is the hall. Just to show you how wonderful it will be if it stays sunny!

http://mapleside.com/banquet.asp
Oh Courtney, it's at Mapleside Farms??? We go to that place everyfall for a big craft festival. It has such a beautiful view in the fall. Have you guys ever gone on the wagon ride through the orchards? I sure hope it is sunny!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh Courtney, it's at Mapleside Farms??? We go to that place everyfall for a big craft festival. It has such a beautiful view in the fall. Have you guys ever gone on the wagon ride through the orchards? I sure hope it is sunny!!!!
No but I think that is on the list of things to do for the reception....that is why I hope it doesn't rain! We are all supposed to go to the Indians game tonight too. Don't think THAT is happening either

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too am hoping for no rain on Sat as it is the local Octoberfest celebration with the city of Appleton blocking off a mile of streets. Lots of food, lots and lots of food, bands, a craft sale area-it never rains on Octoberfest day!!
I hope the rain holds off for your sister's wedding!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness!
I am hoping and praying and sending MUCH vibes your sister's way that it doesn't rain and that she has the gorgeous wedding she's been planning for

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I too am hoping for no rain on Sat as it is the local Octoberfest celebration with the city of Appleton blocking off a mile of streets. Lots of food, lots and lots of food, bands, a craft sale area-it never rains on Octoberfest day!!
I hope the rain holds off for your sister's wedding!!
Appleton! How cool is that. I used to live in Appleton for about 5 years, and my son was born there. One of the first things we did when we moved there was go to Octoberfest! Have a cold one on me.