Help with diffuser with feliway

ihave3cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I bought what i thought what the full thing but all i got was the refills. 2 of them. Now Should i buy 2 plugins or will 1 be plenty?

Also the refill has a stick (brown ) sticking out and i snapped one of them like a twig. I didnt think it was so darn fragile... Is it still good or do i need to throw it away?

Is the plugin available like at petsmart or something?

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ihave3cats

I bought what i thought what the full thing but all i got was the refills. 2 of them. Now Should i buy 2 plugins or will 1 be plenty?

Also the refill has a stick (brown ) sticking out and i snapped one of them like a twig. I didnt think it was so darn fragile... Is it still good or do i need to throw it away?

Is the plugin available like at petsmart or something?
The amount of diffusers to buy depends on your square footage. I believe one diffuser takes care of 650 sq. ft.

I would think the refill where the post broke off is no longer good, since this soaks up the liquid and disperses it into the air. But since it is pricey, I would keep it. When one of your other refills runs out, try to find a way to pry the plastic and brown stick assembly out of the one that ran out and snap it into the one that broke.

Petsmart does sell them, but I ordered one with Drs. Foster & Smith. It was cheaper with shipping than if I had bought one locally at Petsmart.

Good luck.

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

thanks for the link. I thought that product was to get cats away from an area.

Will it help my maniac kitten settle down?
That is the purpose of Feliway....it's supposed to bring a calming effect to cats. But, you have to remember that like people, not every cat is the same. It will work on some cats and not on others. The only way to know is to try it out.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been using Feliway for about 2 1/2 monthes and it has made a huge difference. I have a cat that had been to a vet several times for episodes of digestive problems, not eating, and dehydration and the Feliway seems to have fixed the problem. I have an 800 sq ft apartment and I just keep one plugged in in the living room and that seems to be enough for him. I also get the refills from Drs Foster and Smith.

forget-me-not

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I recommend it. I think it really helped with Astrid when I first brought her home. I have run out, and even though she is much more comfortable here, I think having at least one going would be good for her. Especially since I am gone at work a good deal. I noticed that she hasn't taken to the areas of the apartment that weren't infused with Feliway, and my next order will be to get some to put in those places so she feels more at home. I am also wondering if I should invest in the spray to help her not freak when she needs to get in her carrier.

It ain't cheap, but as far as the disfusers go, I would pay it.