Are there any horsey people on here?

*lulu*

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hiya,

Are there any horsey people on here.

If so do you belong to any horse forums? If so which ones?

I belong to New Rider and Mistaken Identity.

LuLu x

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know that feeling! My mom tells me I used to call horses "Oofs," probably b/c the farrier doubled as my God father and he used to talk about Hoofs whenever I saw him at the barn (I don't really know what my logic was, I was like 2years old). I grew up on a horse farm, and I have been riding since I can remember!

I am not riding now though, b/c down here there isn't a whole lot around (other than the Wellington snottery which I can't afford). I miss it so much, and I cannot wait to get back to it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

*lulu*

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww shame
I'm really happy where I ride at the moment. I love all the horses I ride

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not allowed to ride due to my back problems but my bro in law dressages - that's how I got into making rosettes in the first place!

*lulu*

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

I'm not allowed to ride due to my back problems but my bro in law dressages - that's how I got into making rosettes in the first place!
Shame you can't ride
Nice that you can make rosettes though. You must be really clever.

I had a horse earlier this year but she was the complete opposite of what I wanted, but when I tried her out she was lovely but when she got home she was a nightmare. We had to sell her in the end. I have lost a lot of confidence from that and am trying to re-gain that confidence at the moment.
I might think about loaning one from my riding school once I have finished my last year at school, so around May time next year

There was one horse I tried and he was a absolute star. He was Albino coloured and he was called Snowy

With him I did walk, trot, canter, I jumped, we had a little spook too ;D I also took him out along the road and this person from there yard came out on another horse. He wasn't bothered about any traffic. We had one of those big dustcart things come past us and he didn't flinch or anything.
The night before we were going to get him vetted the women rang us and said he had gone lame again. He was lame before we went to see him but then got better but he must have done something to make himself go lame again
She said she didn't want me buying a horse I could hardly ride so she said she would keep him as a companion. I was really upset that night

Sorry guys, didn't mean to tell you my whole life story ;D ;D hehe

LuLu x

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been riding since I was a year old. I do mostly Endurance riding my mare and i completed 10,000 miles not to long ago

I mostly ride arabians
although i like every breed Arabians are my joy.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have rode horses since I was 5 years old and haven't went for 2 years, because I haven't had time. I hopefully to take lessons next year again. I just don't love riding them, being around them is pure bliss to me just like being around dogs and cats (of course I have dogs and cats and I love being around animals more than people..).

here is a horse forum that I belong to and there are really knowledgeable people there and they are very friendly.
I think you'll like it there.

http://www.johnlyons.com/dboard/index.php?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I grew up with horses. When I was little I had my own Shetland Pony, then at age 13 my father got me an American Saddle Bred. He wasn't even broke when I got him. As the years passed we became best friend. He was my Prince. When I moved from the San Diego area to Los Angeles, and after my parents passed, I had no way to keep him. I wish there was a way for me to be able to get a horse again, but these days, I just can't afford the boarding fee's.

I love horses so much, that I wished that I could BE a horse instead of a human. I actually got mad at my mother for making me be born as a human, when I was a child, so as a child I would pretend that I WAS a horse, much to my mothers embarrassment. I would grab a scarf and use it as a tail, and I would gallop through the stores, whinnying like a horse. It got to the point, that before we went anywhere, my mother would pat me down to make sure I didn't have my "tail" with me.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love horses. But have never had the oppurtunity to ride one. I really want to but never have.

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah - another horsey fan
I don't belong to any horse forums though.

I've been riding for more than 20 years. I used to do a lot of competing (mostly showjumping and plus a bit of cross-country). One summer when I was at uni I got a license to teach riding in MA - really hard work with a yard of 30 horses but it was great fun!

These days I just do a bit of trekking and I still ride once a week, although only half the year (when I'm not skiing). Lately I've been riding a 5yo warmblood called Kodiak. I started riding him last year and he's really coming on well now. Being 5 he's still pretty green so there's never a dull moment with him!

Have fun

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been riding for 7 years (in other words, since I was 12). I don't have my own horse yet, in all this time I've been riding the horses at the nearby stable. I mostly rode an older grey guy named Zack (I could have picked any of the youngers, but me and Zack had a bond) but this year he finally retired. I think he's around 25 now, so it was a long time coming. So now I'm riding this awesome Percheron-mix (she looks like a Percheron mix, lol) mare, which is already awesome, and I've ridden her only once so far. I met her last summer and the woman who was riding her remarked that she was so responsive. The only downer was her WIDE barrel. Since I have such long legs, I got first pick of riding her and I can already tell we fit. She's such a sweetie, always tries her best. She used to be ridden regularly by her rider until she was sold and spent the next 10 years or so as a cart horse (or wagon puller, you get the idea). Now she's back to being ridden and she's overcoming some "weird" things, like the fact that she's not wearing the flat blinkers anymore and the fact that now she has to overcome such weird things like stepping over poles, lol (I've always wondered what it'd be like to jump a heavy breed, lol). With the other horses I've ridden, I've liked them, but now I realize how much better Bea is. She's the first mare I've ridden (*gasp*), but she doesn't have the bitchy attitude like the other mare the stable recently bought (Hannah, a 9 year old Quarter Horse). Ask Bea once and she'll respond. Some of the other horses I've ridden (all geldings) have ranged from being monsters (Nacho, aka. Bruce), being energetic sweeties (Zack, before age started to take a toll a few years ago), slowpokes that need to be beaten just to walk forward (Andy), spooky mouth-shy horses (Comet), etc.The only downer about Bea is that since she has a table for a back, none of the saddles at the stable fit her, so I ride her bareback. That's not really a downer, though, since lately I've been having issues with balance and this will help me out a LOT. I'm still getting used to the sensation of falling over her side every time she takes a turn, lol. It feels like I'm riding a Shar-Pei, like all the skin slips to the side and I happen to follow, lol

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been riding since I was a kid. My bf and myself have 5 horses.
I am not on the websites but now I have some ideas of which ones to go to.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We may be up to 6 soon... It is nice but very pricey!
I will have to check out that site some time. Work will not allow me to access it so I'll have to do it at home.

*lulu*

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittergirl

We may be up to 6 soon... It is nice but very pricey!
I will have to check out that site some time. Work will not allow me to access it so I'll have to do it at home.
Ok, well your very welcome to come and join us. I'm sure they'll all love to here about your horses