My cat is annoying me

bengalsmum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hello.,

Im so annoyed with our new(ish) kitten Tiger, i dont know exactly how old he is as we found him and had to take him in basically because Simba took to him so well, it wouldnt leave our house, and no-one claimed him, anyway i just want to say that i find tiger hard to put up with , as he constantly meows, (loudly), eats all the food and trys to get ours, shoves his butt in your face if you try to stroke him -whats that about?! and torments simba all hours of the day and night to play.
Im starting to wonder if it was such a good idea keeping him, hes getting his play-time with us and simba, he's well fed fills the litter tray daily, hes goes outside, but when he comes in hes just too annoying for words.........that sounds awfull , but i do have 2 kiddies to look after and simba already and now 1 very demanding kitten.

He hasnt been 'done' yet, neutered is it? so maybe that will calm him down do you think?

It doesnt sound bad all in all, but compared to simba who is a very playfull bengal, Tiger is hard work!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalsmum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also forgot to add about him licking his 'bits', he does this for half an hour sometimes just licking his erm , area, eww and doesnt clean himself anywhere else! Hes obsessed! Or posessed!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe once he is "snipped" he might calm down.

I have 10 week old kitten at home and he is a handful. He too is up at all hours running around the house with my two year old cat Mikey, Knocking stuff over and bouncing off the walls. He is always trying to eat my food, and pushes his way into the fridge. He bites constantly and has no interest in being petted unless he wants to sleep and then and only then does he come by us. He is a totally different walk in the park from my boy mikey and I almost wanted to find a new home for him. (remind you Ive had him since he was orphaned at 2 weeks old) I love him but at times I cannot stand his behavior. He is a handful!

The bright side is...I know he will grow out of it. Mikey (when he was a kitten Id call him Mike the Maniac) was a terror to a degree and I was praying for the day he would be a normal house cat. I'm being patient with Stewie and I know in time he will realize the fridge doesnt feed him, I do. He'll figure out night time is for sleeping and sleeping only. He'll learn biting is sassy and Mommy is more loveing when there's no teeth and claws involved. He'll get bored with Mikey and find him to be a dull playmate and leave him alone. Ahh I'm just waiting!

Good luck and have patients with your little guy.

(a good thing to do before bed is play with him...wear him out by using one of those feather on a stick toys)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible that he's eating so much because he's hungry. If he's an outdoor cat it's possible that he has worms that is eating his food and he's not getting the nutrition.

It's also possible that if he has worms that it can spread to your other cat.

I'd suggest you take him to the vet and have him looked at and "dewormed". If he isn't neutered, I'd suggest that you get him neutered.

I also suggest not giving into his whims to go outside, and make him an indoor kitty for his own good and health.

He sounds like a great cat and your other cat just seems to love him lots
So please don't give up on him

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My first thoughts were has he been wormed because of him eating a lot. And meowing and shoving his rump in your face is something that happens all the time in my house where Rosie's concerned, but that's Rosie a little chatterbox

I wouldn't give up on him just yet, but see about getting him neutered

soxinabox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my! poor you
I think you may learn to love the new kitten in time, he reminds me of my boyfriend in many ways but even he does have some endearing qualities which I am sure your new kitten will show you in time...good luck and chin up Simba has seen something in his new friend maybe you will too x

bengalsmum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi , he has been seen at vets not so long ago, he hasn't got worms, i think because simba is over 1 yr old now and tiger is only around 6 months that may be why hes eating more, im feeding them both adult food though as tiger would get simba's anyway.
Simba 'goes' outside now, theres no way of keeping them in now,so i let them out during the day and they dont tend to go much further than the garden as its quite large.

Just to add even though he hasnt got worms, he does poop alot but i think simba did when he was young, and it stinks lousy, im trying to stick to this purina pro plan Dry food so dont really want to change again as that couldhave cause his offensive smells.Simba gets bored of his foods easily so i have changed a few times in the last yr.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you get him neutered his smell won't be as strong. I would do it as soon as possible. Some of his behaviour, such as sticking his rear in your face, is sexual in nature. He's getting mature, and may start spraying--which will REALLy annoy you.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

It's possible that he's eating so much because he's hungry. If he's an outdoor cat it's possible that he has worms that is eating his food and he's not getting the nutrition.

It's also possible that if he has worms that it can spread to your other cat.

I'd suggest you take him to the vet and have him looked at and "dewormed". If he isn't neutered, I'd suggest that you get him neutered.

I also suggest not giving into his whims to go outside, and make him an indoor kitty for his own good and health.

He sounds like a great cat and your other cat just seems to love him lots
So please don't give up on him
I agree with Natalie. The constant meowing,licking his behind,and eating like he's starved are sure signs of worms,especially tapeworms! If they are going outside...catching critters or playing in dirt,then they definitely could have parasites.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What makes you so sure he does not have worms? Unless the vet tested him specifically for worms the vet wouldn't have known and not all vets automatically deworm cats. I would call the vet and explain the symptoms because everything you are saying here points to worms. It really isn't a big deal, simple to treat. I would just have him dewormed for tapeworm as a precaution and please please have him neutered before letting him outside. He is out there impregnating females and adding to the overpopulation.

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol at possesed.. I liked that
Maybe he wasn't accustomed to a home before. Anyway have you considered to get him re-homed, it seems you're not willing to keep up with him any longer, so I think it will better if yoy find new *parents* for him. What if you neuture him and does the same?

fefe76

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my lil kitten Tigger meows alot too and has some annoying habits and i have 3 kittens (Tigger n his Bro 3.5mnths old and Cleo, 4.5yrs old)

as i type now Tigger is next 2 me meowing away, but just wants scratchies or i just talk 2 him, sometimes its coz he is thirsty....

pls be patient i know it can be hard but yr cats merely being a cat, im sure he is not doing this just to annoy u

i have 3 kittens bouncing off the walls at nite but i just let them, hey r kittens they like 2 play

i hope u manage 2 make peace with yr new kitty Kat

give him a chance and if u cant pls give him 2 someone who will

bengalsmum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi just noticed these replies to my thread just want to clarfy a few things, Tiger hasnt got worms he has been checked, and he is licking his Man part not his behind!!!

I already have a cat simba my bengal and we found tiger and couldnt get rid of him, he just seems to be a lot of work but the reason i haven't just thrown him out or given him to someone else is that i want him to go to a good home with the attention he deserves.I feel simba is being pushed out even though they get on, tiger eats all the food like i say, and tries to get all our attention.
The main thing at the moment is that i cannot afford 2 lots of cat bills and 2lots of insurance, and 2 lots of food, i took him in out of goodwill and he is a lovely cat bless him.

fefe76

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
maybe he needs the extra attention due to his circumstances, try feeding them seperately so that Tiger doesnt eat all the food etc i did that with Tigger as the other two were eating his food....sometimes he needs a hell of a lot more attention than the other two but you just have to give it to them and hope they will realise that u r always there for them

of course if u cannot afford him then try and find him a good home and then say your goodbyes....i guess this is all you can do

good luck with it all

bengalsmum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hiya i just want to add that we are keeping tiger i know weve been a bit indecsisive and i was getting stressed about the cost but im sure things will work out so that we can keep him in good health ect.
Besides Simba would just miss him too much if we got rid of him and i cant do that to him....

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's good news. I think once he is neutered he'll calm down (at least enough that you'll survive better until he matures and grows out of his kitten behaviour
)

valkerie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
our prince meows real loud his a full breed abby-sin he meows loud when he feels lost or is looking for company or to find you and as for washing bits his fixed and always washing his bits and no where else but he loves chewing his claws yek which I don"t like